Week four with-o a home computer...bummer!

DDD

It's amazing how much all three of us miss have the computer at home. On the weekend we each come to the store for awhile to get updated. The computer guy is smart, nice and overwhelmed with business and his priority, of course, is taking caring of business systems where he makes most of his living.

Do you ever think about how much time you spend at home on your computer? It's scary, lol. Cross your fingers that we don't go nuts. DDD

DammitJanet

Oh DDD, I would be a raging B! I would have a new one...lol. Someone would suddenly be getting a laptop for xmas and it would be opened early. No way could I go even a week without my computer. I can barely go a few hours when the power is out. I actually have a power connector that plugs into my car...lmao.

cubsgirl

My internet was down for two days and I went crazy. Like Janet, I would be getting a new laptop opened early. I hope your guy repairs it soon.

I applaud your patience :)

InsaneCdn

THREE of you? ONE computer? and that ONE computer is DOWN for FOUR weeks?
Did I get that straight?

If so, I'd ALSO be in line for either a lap-top, or a basic computer of some sort - as a back-up unit. For TWO reasons - one, back-up for internet access of course, and two, because not everything that needs a computer, needs internet access...

We have 4 people and... at least 10 computers (4 "active" at any one time, but... just in case!)

Jody

DDD,

I always had a computer and never touched it, the girls just used it. Now that I have found free online Bingo and this board I cannot do without it, I would have withdrawal, badly. I am addicted to online Bingo.

DDD

husband is addicted to online poker, backgammon and spider solitaire. difficult child is addicted to FB, of course. Me?? I am a CD addict, Allrecipes and backgammon are in the running too. Fingers crossed something happens soon! DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I spend waaay too much time on the computer, even when it's for legitimate stuff like my volunteer work or home finances. I'm very fortunate that my brother is a highly skilled computer geek and can fix just about anything. I've never had to go more than a couple days without my machine. I'd be in a panic if it lasted longer than a week. At least we do have husband's laptop if my box ever crashed so I could pay our bills!

Nancy

If you have wireless internet I suggest you buy yourself an inexpensive tablet and hide it from the rest of the family. Then anytime you want to go on the internet you can without anyone or anything interferring.

Nancy

donna723

Oh you poor thing! You have my sincere sympathy! I went without mine for five days a few months ago - the five longest days of my life! The computer was OK but my modem died and it took them five days to "overnight" a new modem to me! It would have only been four days but on the fourth day I saw the UPS man go flying past my house doing about 50 mph - he later claimed he couldn't find my house. I cried! I was going through serious internet withdrawals. And when I finally got the new modem, the very next day an AC unit fell out of my kitchen window and knocked my TV satellite dish all out of line and I was without TV for five days! All in all, I did a whole lot better without the TV than I did without the internet. I hope yours gets fixed very soon.