Welcome to new member - desperate4help

slsh

member since 1999
Hi desperate - just wanted to welcome you and make sure that your intro is out there for our members to see! Glad you found us! :)

I just joined this group tonight, right now and I thought, you know i am the only person in the world who can't stand to be around their daughter. The first thing I read was this. God works in wonderful ways, I can definately state that for sure. I am a married mom of 2. my daughter who is almost 11 (October 20) has just been diagnosed with ODD and a mood disorder. My husband and my 4 year-old son have moved out of the state in order to get away from all the craziness that comes with raising her. She ran away yesterday morning and I had to call the police, she then went to her day camp from 10-3 and I know the relief that you are talking about. I was so happy I didn't even have to look at her for those few precious hours I get 4 days a week. Immediately when she got home, she began throwing a tantrum which escalated into a full blown rage and she hit, slapped and scratched me, destroyed my house and broke several of my figurines. I then had to call the police again. Her therapist came over as well and stated that we should take her to get admitted to a stress center. So, off we go to the stress center. And honestly, I was sort of relieved at the thought I wouldn't have to bring her home that night. But, after 3 grueling hours, they decided not to admit her and back home to a tantrum i went. FINALLY at midnight she went to sleep. I have never been so happy as I was this morning when she got right up and left at 10. So, I know I went on and on, but I know EXACTLY what it feels like to not be able to stand your child, EVEN when they are being good. I also unfortunately understand the guilt that comes with this job of raising difficult children. I am here if any of you out there need to talk.
Thanks.

Christy

Hi Desperate!

Your post rings true for many members here. I'm glad you found this site and wish you the best in getting the help you need for your daughter.

You've discovered a great place to come for advice and to vent your fustrations with others who understand what you are going through.

Welcome!
Christy

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
welcome, welcome, welcome

you've found an awesome gigundo mattress where we all land and bounce up and down like lunes together, LOL, kidding

Wiped Out

Staff member
Desperate,
Welcome-glad you found us-you will find much support here-the people here are amazing.

TerryJ2

Hi Desperate. You DO sound desperate! I am so sorry. That is really stressful.
I hope things get better at the end of the wk. Do you know what set her off? It's hard to tell, but it could be the stress of transitioning from police to home or hospital to home. Did she start the tantrum in the car? Just wondering.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Popping in to offer you my welcome to our little corner of the world. We'll be here to offer a shoulder to lean on & a fount of parental wisdom from the many parents who have been there done that.

Please keep in touch & updated.