We're going to Disney & its your fault

saving grace

Someone started a post a week or so ago, I think it was Star about Disney? Were were contemplating where to go on our vacation but after reading the posts I couldnt stop thinking about Disney!
We are booked and confirmed the week of May 19th. No ifs ands or buts.

Star if your still looking for info, I have been researching nonstop for a week, I might have be able to give you more info if your still looking.

I have been many times before but it changes so frequently, So many people see Disney so many different ways.
Does anyone want to share their secret to the best Disney Vacation? which character breakfast you liked best, or a certain restaurant or a show? I would love to hear,

Grace

KateM

OK, Grace,I'm jealous! It was TiredMommy that started that thread. I, too, have been thinking of Disney so much since then.

I think each trip we've taken has been wonderful in different ways. It really depends on your kids' age as to what is the "secret" of a magical trip. When we went when my daughter was 7, the Winnie the Pooh character dinner was the best!

Our last trip, in May 2006, the kids were 18 and 15. For my son, collecting autograghs from the Star Wars weekend at MGM made it a trip of a lifetime. For my daughter, it was just the 2 of us staying in the park (Magic Kingdom) until 2 am during their extended hours.

Have a great time!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks for the credit but...I posted about the free Disney Family Magazine -

I want to go to Kenya for vacation -

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
My kids gets scared just going by a Chucky Cheese and I am not kidding!!! They just 2 days ago (N) went on and on about how we could never go into a place like that Mommy... PLEASE!!! Because of the noise and so many people it is SO scary!!! Her and K go out of there minds just driving by it!!! LOL
You are a brave person!!!!

I dream of mountains and serene getaways... horseback rides up into mountains with cabins and retreats!!!
I am impressed though...

Lothlorien

I'm really wanting to take the kids this year. Missy will be 8 this summer. She went when she was almost three and that was the last time. I'd like to take her before the two of them will be "too old" for Magic Kingdom.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OK I am pouting. So many people I know are going or have already gone this year. husband and I were supposed to go at Christmas time for our Anniversary (which is 4 days before Christmas) but we spend the money on the house (the bathroom that still isn't finished). So I am pouting. Even stopping my feet. But I do hope you have fun.

Beth

tiredmommy

Thanks for posting this, Grace. It was the reminder I needed to finalize our itinerary. We just told Duckie she will be going the second week of April.

She's literally spinning in circles!:rofl:

LittleDudesMom

I'm glad we were able to take the kids when they were young. easy child still thought the princesses were the "real" ones.

About four years ago I decided to drive down to Florida for our spring break. I asked the kids where they wanted to go and they said Universal. We really loved it. We stayed on site and had water transportation.

I'm glad we did Disney while they were young, but also glad we did Universal when they were older. They talk about going back!

Have a great time, both of you!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
We are big fans of The Grand Floridian Character breakfast. It's a gorgeous place to wander around in before breakfast.

susiestar

Roll With It
I haven't been to Disney since difficult child was 10 weeks old! We took him to FL to see my grandma as we knew she might not see him if we didn't (she died about 5 months later).

Then husband and I took difficult child and went to Disney. We had a great time - it was in January and not crowded at all.

When difficult child saw Mickey he was in total AWE - just amazed. He had been a big Mickey fan, and remained one for a very long time!

Have fun on your trip!

Susie

TerryJ2

1) Go when it's not crowded
2) When you walk in, head straight to the back of the park and work your way toward the entrance, to avoid crowds
3) Don't bother with-the character breakfasts unless your kids are old enough to appreciate it
4) Bring your own bottled water and snacks so you won't miss good shows while eating (the food lines are usually long)
5) Do Fast Passes for everything.

Enjoy!!!

stepmonster

I HIGHLY recommend the "Unofficial" Guide to Disney. It gives you great tricks about how to do the magic kingdom quicker and smoother!!!
You could probably get it through your library and save there too!!
Remember: "Unofficial"

tammyjh

We've never been but husband and I would LOVE to go and take the kids. Financially, its not in our future for probably a couple of years and difficult child has been very vocal about not wanting to go on vacation with us. So, a couple of years gives us time to plan on who to leave her with.lol.