What a day!

susiestar

Roll With It
Today was our foray into the city to meet with Jessie's new therapist. He seems like a good fit, at least so far. Wants to work on relaxation techniques with Jessie so that whatever is caused by anxiety can ease up.

I really LIKE what he has asked her to work on until our next visit. He wants her to focus on how she feels and what is different when she is not shaking. How her thoughts and feelings are different when she is in those precious few hours a day that she does not shake.

Maybe we can work on that to make those periods last longer.

Seems like a good way to try to approach the problem, at least from the angle a therapist would take.

We then tried to find a bookstore that isn't open yet (LOL!), ate lunch, and went to spend a small fortune at Sams. Much of the stuff will tide us over for a LONG time, and I did end up getting the new JD Robb book, as well as a book and silver necklace for Jessie.

She didn't ask for either, though I know she really wanted the book. It is by easy child and Kristin Cast and she just started reading their books.

The chain is to wear with the ruby pendant I bought her for Christmas when she was 13. The old chain broke and the chain she made do with is cheap plated stuff with the plating rubbed off.

The pendant just sparkles on the new chain.

Jessie just sparkled when she put the new chain and old pendant on. :D

Anyway, that was our day. Long, and for me, exhausting. But tomorrow is another day and that is when I will tackle the world again, LOL!

M

ML

Sounds like a great day, Susie; an encourage visit with therapist and a fun shopping expedition! I'm glad you got to see Jessie sparkle today :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Susie,
I'm glad the therapist seems like a good fit! I do like his approach. How nice for Jessie to feel special with the necklace and the book.

klmno

That's great! I'm glad to hear you both finally had a nice and somewhat relaxing day! For relaxation, has she ever tried a rubbing stone? I know it might sound silly but if anxiety or stress plays into it, sometimes a smooth stone to rub can help.