what do you do to help YOU

Jena

hi........

so, i was sitting here being tortured by difficult child as per usual because she cant' sleep again shocker lol. and i thought hmmmm what do all us burnt out amazing parents do to cope, to help ourselves??? it doesn't have to be a healthy habit. :)

i for one have taken up the passtime of eating, chips, chocolate whatever i can get down there. gained 15 lbs. since wedding lol.

for me its' usually a cup of tea sitting on my floor in the bathroom (only rm. she cant' get to me)

or walking my dog alone

reading a book when she isnt' around

what's your natural resource?? what filles your cup up again after difficult child's diminish the contents of your cup :)

i thought we could all use this post especially now with-the start of school and alot of working mom's here

TerryJ2

My fave pasttime and natural resource is reading all of your notes ... :tongue:

1) Hiding
2) Sleeping
3) Reading
4) Walking
5) Eating
6) Eating chocolate
7) Eating cheese and crackers with-pinot grigio
8) Screaming my head off until I get it out of my system
9) Massage
10) B&N

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Exercise-it really does help me!
Reading
Vegging in front of the tv
Getting together with friends.
Enjoying husband's and my warped sense of humor about the kids:tongue: Much as we love them you just have to laugh some times.

shellyd67

For me it is usually and nice chat with husband or my BFF about my troubles with difficult child or work or whatever is going on at the time. And a pedicure always helps too !

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Driving
Showering-long and hot
Hiding in my room pretending to be napping really just reading.
Taking dogs for a walk
Venting to a friend.
School! For me!!

Really, incorporating ways to detress, I have finally learned, helps me to cope on a daily basis.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Riding my donkey, naked, with my lady Godiva wig, through a crowded room, with a riding crop singing the Australian National anthem......and eating bon bons. yeah --------that's sooooo relaxing. (thank you for opening the door) I hate to dismount, drag him in and then jump back on....I always snag my wig and end up doing a peep show -

trinityroyal

I get up every morning and run on the "Road to Nowhere" treadmill in my basement. It's early. It's dark. No one else is awake (I mean NO one. Except my neighbour, who drives by every morning at 5:05 like clockwork -- I can see him through the window) . I can think. Or not think. I can watch tv (husband installed a ceiling mounted tv down there for me, darling man). Or not. But it's my time.

TerryJ2

Riding my donkey, naked, with my lady Godiva wig, through a crowded room, with a riding crop singing the Australian National anthem......and eating bon bons. yeah --------that's sooooo relaxing. (thank you for opening the door) I hate to dismount, drag him in and then jump back on....I always snag my wig and end up doing a peep show -

... and then we wonder why our kids are in therapy.

:916blusher:

N

Nomad

LMBO!
Star...You ARE a riot!
Whatever you are on, I have one question...why have you NOT SHARED it with any of us? Hmmmm?
(Just kidding!...you are a HOOT!) So many funny/cute/wise posts by EVERYONE!
My answers are MUCH the same.....although I would reserve 'hiding' for last....(although, I DO believe I've done it).
Some of my faves:
1. reading
2. mani/pedi
3. talking with a friend
4. therapy
5. exercise
6. massage
7. vacation
8. movies
9. records on tape
10. chocolate (but I try very hard to avoid this one)
11. getting somewhere ELSE ...anywhere else....like going to the book store (very similar to hiding!)
12. watching TV

PS: WHAT IS B AND N??????????

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Braying and Nickering.....(eeeeeeeeehhhh ahhhhhh) and I'm on LIFE baaaabay!!!!!!! Whooooooooooo (say that like Rick Flair) Whooooooooooooooo

Star*

call 911........call 911
donkeys are IN barns and they ARE noble. This is true. whooooooooooooo baby.............WHooooooooooooooooooo.

No kidding really - BAM had very few. Traitorous, wretched store. I shall start shopping at the NOBLE store.