What not to wear......

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, May 18, 2008.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

As many of you know my dad visited me last week. On Wednesday, we picked wm up from day treatment/school & took him out to lunch. Dad wanted to see wm's school. We then drove wm home to group home so dad could meet foster parents & see were wm lives. All in all a good visit.

Dad isn't "aware" of the in's & out's of day treatment kids. Dad wore his favorite sweatshirt from Fleet Farm. It says "Real men don't need instructions." I didn't think anything of it as we walked into day treatment.

The boys at day treatment caught on real fast & chaos ensued. Dad asked staff if he should take off his sweatshirt & staff kept telling him "no, they need to learn what is a joke & what isn't".

I felt so bad for my dad. But I couldn't stop laughing. wm loved dad's sweatshirt & promptly informed everyone "I'm a real man & you can't tell me what to do". That went over real well - NOT!

SO.....don't wear that sweatshirt to a day treatment facility filled with young men with issues. They will take it to heart.:stopglass::highvoltage::rofl:

2. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

Linda, too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

3. Andy

Andy Active Member

:rofl: FUNNY!!!

4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

5. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

LOL! I'm glad your Dad was able to hang tough. ;)

6. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

LOL! I like it!

7. Jungleland

Jungleland Welcome to my jungle!

:rofl:
    OMGosh, Linda, thanks sooo much for the laugh, definetly needed tonight!!

Hugs,
    Vickie