What other books do I need to read? Any suggestions?

A

AprilH

Here are the books I have read so far:

'Your Defiant Child', 'Transforming the Difficult Child', 'The Challenging Child', 'The ADD Answer' 'From Defiance to Cooperation'

I picked up 'Autism Spectrum Disorders' today at the book store. Has anyone else in here read a good book (or two or ten?) What do you all recommend?

by the way-My son came home today from school and had a good report from the teacher with regards to his behavior; he did not argue with me about homework, HELPED me bring in the groceries, AND helped me clear the table after dinner...I THINK I MAY BE DREAMING RIGHT NOW...THIS CAN'T BE MY TYLER?! HOLY COW! HE CAN COOPERATE AND BE FRIENDLY...WAIT A MINUTE...DOES HE HAVE SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE? OH MY GOD! HE JUST HUGGED ME!:surprise: :redface::aww: :laughing::faint:

wakeupcall

I just saw a book called "ADHD & Me" written by a boy with ADHD when he was a junior and senior in high school. The review said it was wonderful and insightful!!

A

AprilH

Drats! I saw that book also but passed it up...I'll have to stop back by there tomorrow...Thanks! :D

Abbey

Spork Queen
The Defiant Child is an excellent book. Actually had lunch with the author many years ago.

Since my difficult child is grown, I don't read too many of those books anymore. Wish I could be of more advice.

Abbey