what to do now?

missyk33

My 3 year old grandson came back to our house after spending the weekend with his mother and her boyfriend and family. He has such an attitude right now and my husband is not making it any better. He is getting so mad at him and yelling at him and screaming. He even woke up this morning yelling at him. It pisses me off to no end. He threw a temper tantrum because he wanted to go back outside and my husband said no, youre not doing anything but standing there. He called my husband a punk this morning and really ****** him off. Now he has taken to hitting himself in the face while hes throwing a fit. I dont know what is going on over there with his mothers but I really don't like it. She works now for 7-10 hours and he's with her boyfriends family members instead of her.

InsaneCdn

She works now for 7-10 hours and he's with her boyfriends family members instead of her.
And you have no way of knowing what is really going on.
If I remember right, you don't have official custody, right?

missyk33

No, I dont. I talked to his mother and told her, she was very upset that it happened. She told me the next time it happened to let her know after I called an ambulance since he has not had a meltdown that bad before to where he was hitting himself.

L

Liahona

If you are on very friendly terms with his mom maybe you could switch around the visits to times where she will be there? Or if she has to work every visit maybe more frequent shorter visits so he is just there when she is.

With husband would he be willing to talk to a therapist or read a parenting book with you (like the Explosive Child)?