When are we assuming too much?

DazedandConfused

Back in the saddle I read your post last night and something about it just didn't sit right with me. Then, it occurred to me it was this:

as a trained psychologist,

Please understand was I in no way offended by what you had to say, but specifically stating you are a trained professional and using that as a platform to validate your concerns was bothersome for me. Had you excluded that information I wouldn't be responding, actually.

I've been given advise and have given advise. No, I don't agree with all of it and some I chose to ignore. Whether it's in the best interest of me and my difficult children, time will only tell. Likewise, I am certain what I have to say may be ignored.

I understand that the people here are sharing from their own life experiences. That's why I am here. I like it. I won't get into the specifics of what you initially shared, because that is not my point. If I want or require guidance from a trained professional, I have those recourses to get an professional opinion. On the other hand, I come here to get insight and opinions from those that have "been there".

Peace.