Will someone please explain to me...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
O clothespins are HANDY!

They can clips things together....hold stuff in place....serve as makeshift paperclips....etc

DDD

I assume your clothes weren't taken too. Hope not. I had a friend in college who married a guy with the strange habit of stealing women's underwear off clothes lines...sometimes he brought home the pins also. Yep..she left him and was the first in my group to get divorced. Strange thing, fetishes. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
They took them from where?

What HaoZi said.

That's sort of strange. Kids making a fort somewhere? We used to snitch my aunts clothespins to make forts out of sheets back in the woods. They were great for holding the sheets to low lying branches. Until she caught us that is. OUCH.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
This is really weird. About two weeks ago my and my next-door neighbor's clothespins were mostly stolen. A few were left scattered on the ground.

We attribute it to a herd of kids that moved in over the last year or so.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Off my clothesline! lol In my back yard. In the middle of nowhere! lol

Me thinks I live wit difficult child's and grandma was babysitting while I was gone....

H

HaoZi

So likely in the yard or you'll find them in odd places (maybe in pieces) like under couch cushions and behind the fridge? Or who knows, maybe Wee decided to collect them for you and put them where he thinks they belong.

Marguerite

Is it possible grandma took them off the clothesline for you? husband is fussy about not leaving pegs on the clothesline, especially wooden pegs because they can go manky in the rain and stain your clothes. In summer we leave a few plastic pegs only, on the line, to hold beach towels.

Also I have found that on very windy days, my clothes are ripped off the clothes line and pegs missing, landed who knows where after the wind did its damage.

I hope you can find out what happened. If you need to replace them, buy a different shape made from different materials. They will be less likely to get stolen by someone wanting to build things with them.

Or you could check the next church bazaar stall, look for those families of dolls made from pegs...

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:redface: Confession... It was me...

Seriously though... I used to LOVE clothespins. Wood ones were better.

I have a bunch of plastic ones, now. I couldn't find any wood ones when I looked.

As for why I loved them? You can make animals from them, clip stuff, make a fort, stack them like Jenga blocks...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Step, you and the blackbirds are grounded. lol

Hahaha - as if.

My clothes are drying flung over the line...

DammitJanet

What are clothespins and why on earth are you people still using a clothesline? Dont you know that is what dryers are made for!

Seriously though...I would have a clothesline if I could actually get a basket out there and hang clothes but there is only me and there is no way I can do that. I can barely get them from the washer into the dryer...lol. No way anyone else would help me do a line.

Malika

The blackbirds steal your clothespins?

How do they unhook them?

Ha, ha. This is part of every British child's upbringing.

Sing a song of sixpence
A pocket full of rye
Four and twenty blackbirds
Baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened
The birds began to sing -
Wasn't that a dainty dish
To set before the king?

The king was in his counting house
Counting out his money,
The queen was in the parlour
Eating bread and honey.

The maid was in the garden
Hanging out the clothes -
When down came a blackbird
And pecked off her nose!

:)

H

HaoZi

Ravens, magpies, crows - smart family of birds. Good problem solvers the way parrots are good talkers.

Steely

I love Ravens - they are so unbelievably smart! I have a passion with them - yet where I live most people hate them for things like, "oh stealing" things, etc. :)

I thought one was gonna peck my nose off once.....seriously....they are brave little souls - and clever. OK I will stop. I just really, really like them:)

And - oh clothespins.........my mom LOVES them. She still had the wooden ones from when we were kids when I helped her pack up her house. Good grief! And she didn't even have a clothesline. The things that make you go........hmmmmmm. Fortunately she was brave and threw them away. LOL