Wish difficult child luck tomorrow for talk with boss

Nancy

difficult child came over for dinner tonight before our sunday night AA meeting. She is a receptionist at an animal hospital and one of the vet assistants is leaving next week. She is going to ask the vet in charge if they would consider training her to be an animal assistant and be able to fill in when they needed her. She really wants to work with the animals. She asked us what we thought and we told her to go for it. She's only been there three months but it will show initiative and her willingness to advance.

It would be wonderful if they said yes, both because it will mean they think she is doing a good job and because it will be a raise in pay. This is the first time I've ever seen her really consider her future and want to improve herself and I hope they consider it.

Nancy

pepperidge

good luck to her. Even thinking about wanting to do something better is a major step in seeing that there is something beyond tomorrow. Baby steps forward. She's getting there!

A

AmericanGirl

Nancy....good luck, positive thoughts and uplifting prayers a'comin...

buddy

Wow Nancy, that sounds like a positive thing no matter the result (of course would be better if they say yes). Is she practicing for the answer to go either way? Will be excited to hear how it goes. Thinking of your difficult child.... Dee

T

toughlovin

Definitely sending her good vibes... I think it is great she is taking this step.... It does give me hope!!! I really hope her boss does this!!

TL

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Nancy--

I don't want to rain on difficult child's parade or anything - but I believe the position of "Veterinary Assistant" requires a degree...

Is your difficult child taking any classes at the moment? Maybe that would be something to shoot for?

Nancy

Daisy vet tech is a degree program. Assistant helps hold the animals and cleans up room and gets things ready for exam. She was doing that at her last job but got fired when she told them she was pregnant. Her goal is to be a vet tech and she's going to hopefully start taking classes at the community college in the spring.

Nancy

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Daisy vet tech is a degree program. Assistant helps hold the animals and cleans up room and gets things ready for exam. She was doing that at her last job but got fired when she told them she was pregnant. Her goal is to be a vet tech and she's going to hopefully start taking classes at the community college in the spring.

Nancy

Oh OK! That sounds good!

Wishing her luck!

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like an awesome plan!! I didn't realize she got fired after telling a boss she was pregnant. How horrible and stupid of them. Of course I don't know the whole story.

I hope they let her step up to the position. It sounds like she has a goal and is getting ready to work toward it. All pretzelled up hoping she gets a chance!