Woke up Depressed

M

ML

I don't get it. I just got a clean bill of health yesterday so why do I feel crashed and burned? Sure, the weather is more like Oct than July and the sun is hiding. But it doesn't make sense. Manster is doing fairly well, no major meltdowns. Maybe it's work and impending layoffs and likely retirement cuts. I am usually optimistic and positive but I'm having trouble fitting into it today.

I guess I'll try to just get through the day without saying much because I don't want my dark cloud to spread.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

nvts

This is a really depressing time considering the economy. Sometimes the "turkeys get us down". If you don't notice an improvement in a few days, call the doctor and let him know.

Take a little time for yourself, go for a quick walk (fall weather is great for that!), smile at a stranger, help an old lady cross the street. Try a little spontaneity! Do something silly - get some silly string and spray it on someone or something, dress up the dog. We all need to be a little immature (I NAILED husband with a water balloon the other day...he never saw it coming!).

Keep your chin up!

Beth

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You've had a lot of emotional stress to deal with the past few days with all the waiting and wondering about your health issues. I think it's normal to finally let go and feel a little down and worn out after all that. Like Beth said, if you don't perk back up in a day or two, then maybe it's time to give someone a call.

Lothlorien

If you can, get outside in the sun (but not for long) and maybe do some exercise. If you still aren't feeling right, call the doctor.

I'm assuming they did a lot of bloodwork during all this? If not, ask for a full work up. Have them check your hormone levels and thyroid, especially.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ML -

Do you eat after 7:00 PM?

Do you eat a lot of sugary foods?

Do you eat a lot of starches?

Do you exercise?

Have you had your blood sugar levels checked recently?

Are you overweight?

Do you have trouble getting up and going in the morning and drag throughout the day?

----these are the questions I was asked - and then had a glucose tolerance test done and found out that I was glucose resistant and pre-diabetic. I'm a month into a lifestyle change - and while I'm not 100% better - and still working on a lot of things with the doctor - I'm feeling better and not AS tired as I was.

Maybe you could check into this? I dunno.

Wiped Out

Staff member
ML,
I do think it's normal to feel depressed after what you've been worrying about even though you received the clean bill of health.

Some exercise should help. I agree if it continues to call your doctor. Hugs.