worried about easy child

crazymama30

So for awhile now easy child has had trouble sleeping. She was taking melatonin, which helped but has now pooped out. We tried and OTC sleep aid last night, and this morning she said it helped while last night she said it woke her up. She gets sick at the drop of a hat--has missed so much school that the school is sending me letters. She has missed over a month of school already.

She is irritable, and can be mean.

She sees our family doctor next week, and I meet with a possible therapist for her. I just don't know if this is a physical thing or depression or whatever. Family doctor will do a bunch of blood work--I think I will ask her to do allergy testing too. easy child has already seen an allergy/asthma doctor who did the skin prick tests for allergies-----all were negative. He did decide she has excercise induced asthma.

I am getting worried about her. I just don't know what is going on, it could be so many different things. I would not be surprised if it is depression, but wow. Is my whole family going to end up on psychiatric medications? Mental illness may not be contagious, but the stress it causes sure causes a lot of issues.

DammitJanet

I wouldnt be surprised if she has a bit of situational depression right now after all that has gone lately. That could be contributing to sleep issues. Maybe a low dose of something like trazadone would be good for her right now at night.

crazymama30

The gettting sick and fatigue thing has been going on since the beginning of the school year. I have seen it get worse lately, and seen her irritability really ramp up. difficult child is not physical at all lately, he will get verbally aggressive. easy child will just start whallopping on him when he gets annoying, and so then he tries to choke her, and it gets ugly.

I am glad some appts are finally coming up for her, we need some type of resolution.