Wow! Got to see sonogram of my granddaughter on Skype!!!

BusynMember

It was sooooooooooo cool! Julie showed me every sonogram she had. I just figured out how to use Skype. As I was looking at the little, moving form, I felt this enormous love that is hard to describe. She isn't even born yet, but I love her to pieces!!!! Geoff and Julie named her Kali Jade and I have been going overboard sending them baby stuff...lol.

Well, kind of a nothing post, but I wanted to share :) It was one of the coolest things ever for me!

HMBgal

I totally get it, MWM! I'm a four-time grandma and the magic never wears off. Never. Skype is so amazing. My first grandchild was born in Philadelphia, and I live clear on the other side of the U.S. Skype made all the difference. Congratulations to your family.

donna723

I am soooo happy for you! I hope you enjoy every single minute of this special time. I know EXACTLY how you feel too! When my grandson was on the way, my daughter shared all the sonograms too. They've come such a long way since my kids were born! I especially loved the last one, the 3D (or 4D?) sonogram where you could actually see his whole little face, his hands, just fascinating!

He was due in May and the Christmas before I sent them lots of baby things. I started buying little generic things every time I went shopping - t-shirts, lotions, shampoos, hair brushes, little socks, even a set of rubber duckies for the bathtub. When they found out he was a boy, I started buying more boy-specific things and adding them to the package. I had about 50 different little items and wrapped them each individually, then put them in a big box and mailed it to them. They had lots of fun opening the little packages and even though it was all little incidental things, it was that much less that they had to buy when he was born.

BusynMember

Oh, I've been sending them cute little girl things since I found out. I mean, I wanted a healthy baby first of all, but I really, really secretly wanted it to be a girl. I already have a grandson.

I love how far we have come with technology. Now we don't have to wait until birth to find out the sex and I love it this way!!!! Kali Jade will be her name :)

Sunlight

Pink for girls...how wonderful that you saw the sonogram! boyfriend's daughter is expecting his first and possibly only grandchild...a girl to be named Claire Jade. Jade must be the latest "cool" name! We were sent an email of a video sonogram, she was sucking her thumb. Awesome blessing that you have on the way! Congratulations!

helpangel

That you took time out of your day to share your joy, is not nothing! Thank you for sharing MWM, that is a beautiful name

Nancy

BusynMember

antsmom, my daughter is from Korea (adopted) and she wanted an Asian sounding middle name for her daughter so she chose Jade. I think it's very pretty, regardless of why parents choose it :)

Nancy, it is kind that you even care. I wasn't even sure anyone would be interested. Thanks to all!