Wow. You HAVE to watch this.

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh Abbey, what a wonderful moral lesson! I've just watched it twice, with tears streaming down my face. What an amazingly positive guy. A real lesson for us all. We really ought to try to see the full half of the glass. Thanks for posting that!

Love, Esther

shellyd67

Thank you Abbey for posting this video. What an amazing and incredible man ! He really puts things into perspective ... I am going to show my family this as well. WOW !

Marguerite

OK, that "no worries" at the end confirms he's an Aussie.

Some years ago there was a New Zealand man on Aussie TV, discussing his disabilities. The program was the final episode of "The Money or the Gun" with Andrew Denton, a marvellous Aussie interviewer. This Kiwi was there with his wife, talking about living with disabilities in general (the show also had deaf people and a blind girl, all discussing how it affects their life). It really is amazing when you turn problems around and look at what you CAN do. Sometimes you just have to find a different way to do things.

One thing I remember from the interview with the NZ guy - he was talking about how he rode on a mate's motorbike, on his mate's back in a backpack. Just his helmeted head sticking out of the backpack, and freaking out passing motorists! It was a riot!

But the serious stuff too - we need to stop looking at the problems and stop being freaked out by them. There is a great deal more to life when you look at the opportunities.

Thanks, Abbey.

Marg