Yeah, well......um....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
So I get home last night and there's the Brooms again.
My mom has been in to help watch Wee after school for the next 2 weeks. I told her I was returning the rental car today. My car should be fixed Monday or Tuesday of next week, and I will be driving my truck all weekend for horse related things, so there was no sense in the rental sitting in the driveway.
She told me I should keep it. I said I didn't see a need. If I need it again, I'll call and ask. Besides, even tho its not MY policy that's paying this claim, losses cost all people who carry insurance...if it affects their bottom line, it affects everyone's premiums. She said I was too nice. I said I'll work on it; I'll work on being a bigger b****.
husband called me over to where he and the Brooms were. Man Broom grabbed my chin and pulled my face towards him and said "I just want to see what a b**** looks like".
I wanted to say "look in the passenger seat."
I can deal with him pretty well. And I think he was probably just joking around, but really....in a relationship that is as strained as this one has been....that's not funny.
Oh...and why they were there? They "gave" husband a boat a couple of years ago. It didn't run then, and it still doesn't, but they never would sign it over OR take it back, so its just been taking up space in our barn (I think it was a way to get us to store it, since they were out of room - maybe not, maybe it was truly a nice gesture; who knows...doesn't matter). husband decided he was doing something with that dumb boat this year...one way or another, and found out the motor is blown. Two Brooms was there to get info so she could try to turn it in to her insurance and try to get them to buy a new motor! I said "I didn't know insurance would cover mechanical failure" and she said "they don't have to know its mechanical failure!" Oh my. And I'm worried about a $50 rental car....

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
um, Shari, that is insurance fraud. It is a crime. Even attempting to file a claim when you know it is mechanical failure is a fraud. I would place an anonymous call to the insurance company. You don't have to give your name, you can even use a pay phone or a phone from work if you want. But it IS a crime and it DOES cost everyone who has insurance. It is also WRONG.

I maybe a hard-:censored2:, but when it comes to an outright crime it is wrong not to report it. The brooms do NOT deserve your loyalty or your silence.

As far as man-broom, that was NOT a joke. It was NASTY. I would NOT do ANYTHING remotely nice for him. Heck, I would refuse to have anything to do with him. I am sorry they treat you so badly. I hope that at some point in your life you will be surrounded with people who treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

I know it may not be possible for you to report the fraud. Family pressure is what it is. Hugs and support regardless of what you choose.

muttmeister

I think you are just too nice. There comes a time when enough is too much. These people are CRAZY. :alien: I would not go to their place and when they come to your I would hide in the closet, the cellar, the bedroom,...where ever. You are never going to win with them and being nice to them is like petting a rattlesnake. It WILL come back to bite you in the end. You cannot reason with them. You cannot win them over by being nice. You cannot ignore them when they are being nasty to you, as was the case here. If they want to see what a b**** looks like, I'd be happy to show them.
I ordinarily will go out of my way to be nice and get along, especially with family, but you have done that and now they are implying that you are a b**** and finding fault with you because you are not dishonest enough to please them. It is time to stop.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Susie, I can't fathom what kind of story she could concoct that will actually get the insurance to pay for a new boat motor. But if, by some chance, she does, I will be sure to let the agent know.

I'm not perfect, I don't follow every letter of the law every moment of my life, but I don't do this bs either. Wow.

Things are so much nicer when they are at their lakehouse...which they've been for a while...they only returned for nephew's going away party. I hope they go back soon.

And then, I was talking to husband's cousin at lunch, checking on my car. Seems I can't escape the Brooms for anything right now! He casually mentioned nephew leaving, and how he wasn't invited to the going away party (not shocked). Then he said he really didn't care, cause they are all (insert adjective of choice here). Then he said husband's sis had called him last night. She owes him for three past car repairs still, and she gave him some story now about her wages being garnished because of exBIL. I pulled her up on case net. She is being garnished to the tune of about $15k, but exBIL's name was only on one case (for $700) and he was dismissed as a party back in 2009.

I give up. I couldn't even make this koi up.

They need to go back in hiding. Or to the lake. Or something.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And I went to the ex-in-law's to pick up Wee tonight and who had been there??? But Two Brooms herself! OMG. They're everywhere.

DEX was adopted and exMIL wouldn't say what the question was, but apparently Two Brooms asked some seriously inappropriate stuff.

And an adjuster has been here to look at the boat.

Last edited:

KTMom91

I think you ought to keep notes, and write a screenplay for a soap opera or something. These people are seriously coo-coo for coco puffs.

Then after the screenplay sells, you and Wee can take your horses and get a nice farm somewhere.

susiestar

Roll With It
Yeah, but I bet it would sell like hotcakes and make more $$ as fiction than it would as non-fiction!

I was just thinking about a book of all of this. You could pull up past posts to help you remember details of things, then write it out. I bet it would be FABULOUS!! (not kidding either)

(Just what you need - another project, right? lol)

Marguerite

"I just wanted to see what a b**** looks like."
"Well you still haven't seen one. But keep coming with those remarks and you will surely find out."

Where the H was your husband over this? Why did he not step up and shut the trailer trash guy up?

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I see no other way than humore to deal with them, unless I move.

Marg, if I had let on to husband that I was offended right then, I think he would have stepped in. It was an in one ear and out the other remark to me. I have talked to them and given them ample notice. husband has backed me, not every time, but enough for me to know that they are not going to budge in their ways. If I made husband choose between them or me, I am fairly certain who he'd pick (me, tho I wish he'd show it more!). I'd like for him to deck them when they pull this koi, but honestly, what good will it do. None.

Oh, and the restaraunt owner said they went back to the lake today. YAY!