1 value meal and 4 devil dogs later

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
and I am still hungry.

Had a highly heated IEP conference today with difficult child II's child study team and the director of Special Education, who I will fondly refer to as :censored2:

Been eating ever since I got home. Grrrrr I am such a stress eater :mad:

Andy

Stressed spelled backward is desserts. You are just trying to turn this around.

"fondly refer to as :censored2:" Gee, how do you refer to when not fondly??

:morecrackers::sushi::bbq::picnic:

Find the healthy snacks and food to eat!!!

However, if you need to stop:

:please::nonono:
if you don't stop eating, you may have to:
:exercisebike::treadmill:

LittleDudesMom

Adrianne,

I never noticed, or had my attention drawn, to the stressed/desserts connection. Cool.

AOG, apples, apples, apples.....

Sharon

I'm also a stress eater!!! This weekend was a difficult one with my difficult children and easy child, not to mention problems with the SD concerning difficult child 2, and financial difficulties due to the poor economy.

I had a healthy dinner. Then, I began to mindlessly eat. I must have eaten a couple dozen Nilla Wafers as well as a large bowl of frozen yogurt before I stopped myself. I think Barbara is on the right track - Why do we punish ourselves???

Usually, I'm able to control myself by leaving the kitchen directly after dinner and brushing my teeth. I always keep crunchy, healthy foods such as baby carrots and apples in my refrigerator. Usually just eating an apple or a couple handfuls of baby carrots does the trick. However, I believe that, at least in my case, I'll always be an emotional eater, hopefully in remission most of the time!!!

I think emotional eating is sort of like being addicted to alcohol or cigarettes. You can quit the habit but are always in remission. The chance of picking it up again is always there. I hope this makes sense!!! I need more coffee this morning!!!

PLEASE STOP EATING JUNK!!! You know you need to stop. I think it's great you posted here for help. So, STOP NOW!!! Please make today a healthy one!!! You are worth it!!! WFEN

LittleDudesMom

Um starrrrrrrrrr

Actually Selppa is a fictitious village of people in the sci-fi and fantasy writing of Virginia Diaz (The Golden Apple Tales)!!! Just in case you ever wondered.........

Good try though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

I know it's discouraging but keep up the excellent work!!! Unfortunately, it never seems to take much to put on the pounds BUT, once on, they can be tough to get rid of.

You CAN do this!!! Keep on walking and drinking lots of water. All of your hard work will pay off. It definitely is HARD work but so worth it!!! You CAN do this!!! We'll be here for you!!!

And, it's normal for your weight to fluctuate during the day. My weight varies by as much as two pounds depending on the time of day I weigh myself.

Post as much as you need to. And, try to keep out of the kitchen as much as possible. in my humble opinion, it's just too easy to mindlessly or emotionally eat when surrounded by food.

Sending lots of hugs and strength your way... WFEN