A Funny for Cat Owners...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I had this happen years back when crossing into Canada for a cat show. The border patrol found a bag of "herbs" in my glove compartment. Luckily they had a sniffer dog as it took the dog NOT going off to convince them that our stories weren't a lie.

In the process I wasn't amused--I was afraid we'd both get arrested and our car impounded (let alone the cats)

In retrospect it's just funny

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The scary part? I put catnip in some brownies once. It was a joke for a totally anti-drug friend. She ate them... And started acting weird before I told her what was actually in them.
Hmm.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Catnip is used in human herbal medicine as a relaxant and treatment for tension and nausea. I can see if the brownies were really laden with catnip that they could have zoned her out a bit.

muttmeister

I don't have a cat and I don't store catnip but I have catnip growing in my herb garden and when I look out there often one of the neighbor's cats will be lying in the bed of catnip with a drunken smile on his face. It is really funny.

flutterby

Fly away!
I used to keep our catnip in a baggy in the utility drawer. Until one of the cats figured out how to get into the drawer and taught the others.

So, I then put it in a baggy and then into one of those disposable Glad containers - sitting on the counter right next to the microwave. I wondered why the exterminator looked at me and acted funny....til a while after he left and I realized what he was looking at.