A quick update on my WW adventure

tiredmommy

So I finally had my weigh-in this week (I've been extremely busy) and I lost 3.4lbs since a week ago last Tuesday. I also hit my 10% of starting body weight loss! :bigsmile:

LittleDudesMom

TM, that's fabulous :dance: It's hard work!

I've had great success so far with my GI diet program. I'm thrilled with the ultrafast results. The very first week I was down 4 pounds and almost 2.5 inches on my waist! I know that the waist issue was a waste issue! You don't eat any processed food. Everything you eat needs to be broken down by your body so your body is always working. The fruits, vegetables, and whole grains have really made my body operate in an efficient way. I think I just cleaned out a lot that first week!

For Trinity and Start - who are both familiar with the GI program - I had an old collge friend over Friday night and the entire meal and appetizer was green light!

TM, I think we will do great on our programs this summer with all the fresh fruit and veggie options. The farmer's markets are up and running here and I can't wait to make my first batch of gazpacho! Just waiting for those first tomatoes!

I find sticking to a healthy eating program easier in the summer. Don't you think so TM? I'm not as interested in heating up the kitchen with a big meal, do a lot of grilling, and there are fresh options a plenty.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-Congratulations!!! Reaching that 10% is awesome!!!

Sharon-Glad you are liking the GI diet and I definitely agree it's easier to eat healthier in the summer!

I'm hoping the boot camp I'm attending will help me this summer (along with the healthy eating). I do know it is leaving me with lots of sore muscles and I did lose 1.8 pounds last week-just felt like it should have been more with how sore I was!

TM,

Way To Go!!! Losing 10% of your initial body weight is a really big accomplishment!!! Like the others, I also find it easier to stay on target when the warmer weather arrives. I love making big salads for lunch or dinner, loaded with fresh fruits and veggies, some grilled chicken, etc...

It's time to reward yourself with a manicure, pedicure, some quality time alone, etc... YOU DESERVE IT!!! SFR

Last edited:

trinityroyal

TM, congratulations on hitting that milestone. It's wonderful when your hard work pays off. I agree with SFR. You should reward yourself!

Sharon (LDM), I'm glad that the GI diet is working for you. I've found that in addition to keeping my weight at a reasonable level, I've also seen tremendous improvements in my overall energy level.

Sharon (WO), Gosh, that boot camp sounds intense. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for your body's increase in metabolism to show up on the scale. I'm sure you'll start to see results.

Trinity

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. I have 20 - 25 lbs to go then I get to learn how to maintain. I'm still overweight at this point but, as I'm fond of saying: I still have rolls of fat, but my rolls of fat don't have rolls of fat. I've found it's simplest to have a few menu choices on hand for breakfast and lunch but to have a lot of variety for dinner. I've been cooking out of two WW cookbooks, one of which I picked out the week before last. I handed it to Duckie with a pad of sticky notes and told her to mark the recipes she wanted to try. She was so excited as I made them each last week!