klmno

Yep- if that is the ths level? Oh- I see where you listed it- I had the letters wrong- but yes, it was ok. The lab sheets (all 5) listed difficult child's test results then on the right side of the page listed normal ranges, and his were all ok. I am comfortable with it because psychiatrist tested all that in Oct or Nov. and difficult child was in psychiatric hospital in Dec and they checked it then, too. They all came back ok. Here, anytime they check lithium level they also check tsh level. They've also been checking difficult child's glucose levels a lot lately.

klmno

TSH - do you know what it was?

No because I am not familiar with the normal ranges for everything and difficult child was tested for many things- those five pages listed up to 7 or 8 tests on each one. I just looked at difficult child's result for each thing then looked to make sure it was well within the normal range they listed. The two things that were not in normal range or were borderline had "HIGH" written in bold beside them. One was protein and the other was some letters, but not TSH, and it was listed on the same page as other dietery things were listed.

klmno

Oh- when difficult child was in psychiatric hospital 2 weeks ago, that psychiatrist bumped his starting dose of tegretol from 100mg/day to 400 mg/day. difficult child was still cycling and I saw no change the first 2 days home, then, I saw his old self coming back pretty well, with the exception of that explosion about 4 days later. That is when I stopped naltrexone. Then, abilify was started Sat. and I saw hypomania yesterday and today- and it's still here and I'm worried. difficult child said he woke up a couple of times last nnight and could not sleep. Plus, his tell-tale sign of cleaning spress and restlessness tells me a lot.

I soooo hope that this reels itself in since stopping the abiolify. I really don't want another dangerous situation. But, at least I've been told that if he gets more psychiatric hospital stays in the enar future- psychiatric Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is almost a given.

Wiped Out

Staff member
K,
Abilify was bad news for my difficult child but he had the opposite of mania along with Tardive Dyskensia. on the other hand, Seroquel seemed to invoke mania but that's my difficult child-nothing worked AP wise until difficult child went on Loxapine. I hope stopping the Abilify helps!