Alabama Southern Members Plz Check In

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Huge tornadoes ripped/ripping through the state. Prayers going out to all those poor folks.

Members plz check in when you can and let us know you're ok.

2. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Guest

My husband is in Alabama for steel school. The hotel wouldn't let anyone up in their rooms, so they had open bar. My husband is there with a co-worker, who is a pastor. His coworker had four drinks and he does not drink!! Yeah, pretty bad out there...
  3. Hound dog

Scary as all get out. Glad your husband is safe. They say 45 died. omg
  4. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Now it's past 200. I'd be drinking, too. At least the ground floor was safe in that bldg.
  5. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I'm praying pretty hard... I have cousins who we cannot get in touch with around Madison... My mom is a bit frantic, B was like an older brother to her growing up.
  6. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

I've got relatives that live in Cullman, Alabama - my brothers first wife, his daughter, sister in law, and their two kids. They live in a rural area outside the city limits. None of them have been online since the tornadoes but I'm hoping it's because their power is out. I'm sure I would have heard if something had happened.
  7. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

I have friends in the area that missed getting hit by a 1/4 mile, they said power is out all over the place.
  8. AnnieO

I'm hoping...

There is a facebook page up, whoever is running it is doing a great job updating the people who are found.

Worried, and praying. (and I'm glad your friends are OK HaoZi!!!)
  9. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Well, my nephew in Alabama is back on Facebook now and says their power is finally on after being off for several days! I was hoping that was all it was.
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  10. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

Praying for all ... Please let us know when you hear from your cousins Step !
  11. Hound dog

Praying here too!! Hope they find your cousins soon Step!
  12. AnnieO

Prayers and thoughts worked - we got this email late last night:

:happyguy: :happyguy: :happyguy: :happyguy: :happyguy: :happyguy: :happyguy:
  13. Hound dog

Whew! Good News! :D