and he has...a dump!

DammitJanet

Yes...we are trying freecycle but so far no luck. They are on very very limited funds. Cory is so extremely lucky that his father knows how to do this work and he knows it. Whats funny is that when Jamie gets back from overseas we will be going up there and helping him finish his basement. Ok I say we...really it is his dad but I watch...lol. So helping any of them isnt something we mind doing.

Walmart is a very good idea. We have lived on their plastic cups, plates and bowls ourselves for years. Why I didnt think of that I dont know...lol. If worse comes to worse, I will buy him a cheap electric frying pan and toaster oven. With one of their paychecks they can get a cheap microwave at a pawn shop for 25 bucks.

Woofens

Dollar General or Family Dollar also have decent 4 for a dollar tumblers and bowls too... usually service for 4 dinnerware for under 20 bucks. Just throwing out some ideas :)

Jan

susiestar

Roll With It
The pawn shops around here have had the small size refridgerators every time I have gone in. I don'tknow how expensive they are, but they would work until htey could save for a bigger one.

witzend

Even if there isn't a free one on Freecycle, you should be able to find a super cheap fridge on Craigslist. Sometimes it's "you haul it away..."

Honestly, Janet, if it were me, and Cory showed up in my bedroom, I would have gotten the gun he pawned and told him to get the help out. If the PO said he had to stay I'd show the PO the door and the gun as well. I'm glad that things are going honeymoonish, and hopefully the floor will be done ASAP to get them out of there.

by the way, the gun is out of the house, isn't it? All the valuables locked up?

Fingers crossed, and I know you know that we're happy for you that it seems hopeful, even though we may not sound thrilled - but it's because we don't want you to be hurt again.

Last edited:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Don't forget that with walmart getting him the things he HAS to have to start with but the day after thanksgiving they practically give away some of their small appliances. I am not saying letting him stay that long but you don't have to get too many things to start with and then there will be the huges sales in only a bit over a month from now.

beth

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
There's a group like free cycle that's called Kwik Swap, too. Stuff isn't free, but its generally CHEAP.