Ant and Kaleb

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have no advice but I can only imagine what torture it is to watch this all unfold around you.
I'm sorry for you and Kaleb and even for ant for being so obstinate. He can't possibly want to live like this.

Sunlight

Also, do they not have fully subsidized pre-K programs that would
include daycare for Kaleb?? by the way do you still have contact with
her alcoholic Mom? Does she "get it"??? DDD

you must have missed my post above. he CAN get daycare for free at a great facility near her. she wont take him...too lazy.
danielle's alcoholic mom doesnt care one bit, refuses to ever watch kaleb and lives within walking distance. she is drunk by dinner most nights and lives with her boyfriend. she "raised" danielle the way danielle is raising Kaleb. left her home alone a lot. I told danielle she is just like her mom. she used to say how much she hated that and is repeating it.

gottaloveem

Sounds like your hands are tied. I guess a call to the cops every time you think he is in danger is all you can do. Maybe when they come, they will find something neglectful about the situation.

How awful for Kaleb. Your heart must be broken.

I wish things were looking brighter for you. I am sure Ants pending summons has you on pins and needles.

Glad you are removing yourself from the drama, well as much as you can till Kaleb enters the picture.

I can't believe Danielle would leave him with an 11 year old. UGH

meowbunny

Is there any chance Ant can be hospitalized for his depression? He sounds like he is just this side of suicidal. I'm sorry.

As for Kaleb, it must be breaking your heart. I wish there some answers for little ones in that condition. I know it took the State 4 years and countless complaints before my daughter was finally taken from her biomom. It would be nice if we could get protect our little ones better. Even so, I do understand the reluctance to have the State step in. Poverty shouldn't be a reason for a child to be removed and, too often, that is the only real problem. But that does mean the Kaleb's and Marie's have to suffer for many years, if not all of their lives, before help is on the way.

So, would Danielle permanently remove Kaleb from your life or would she just be vindictive for awhile and then come to realize that her life is much easier when you do take Kaleb?

I wish you the best and hope solutions can be found for all of you.

judi

Janet - I'm so sorry. I do live in IL and this law is rarely enforced. My dear grandson (9 months) is now living with his mother, her new boyfriend who has five children by three different women and he has custody of three of them. The oldest is 15 and she is left alone with her two sisters, my step-granddaughter who is 4 and my grandson. And...yes, this is frequently and for long periods of time. Like you, I am reluctant to say much because I'm afraid she won't let me see the baby. Very, very sad. Fortunately, they only live 10 minutes away.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
(((BIG HUGS)))) Thinking of you. and kaleb. and ant. No advice, just support. You will know the right thing to do.

Peace

DDD

OK......how 'bout this one???

:rofl: by the way, my Daddy used to say "give that girl an idea and she'll stick with it like a dog and a bone". Yep..lol. I hate
to cry uncle!

If the school is within walking distance of Kaleb, how about you
make an appointment to meet with the Principal. Explain that
you have a grandchild who is eligible for attendance but who has
a Mom who works nights and is too tired to get him off in the morning. (probably the Principal will read the true story out of
that whitewashed sentence or two) Then, ask the Principal if there is a dependable Mom who brings her child clean, prepared and on time each morning from that housing development who might
be willing to provide transportation for Kaleb in exchange for
??? gasonline money??? gift certificates??? a few extra bucks (if
that doesn't interfere with her subsidy). Maybe a teachers aide
lives in the complex???

If you can find a way to get him there and Dannielle can sleep or
do her thing without bother...then he will have a better chance
at having a future.

GFGmom has lived in housing developments where most of the Moms
were about the same as she BUT there were always a FEW Mothers
who were sincerely trying their best to raise the children right.
I bet there are a few near Kaleb, too. DDD

'Chelle

Child services everywhere just puzzle me. My bro & sis-in-law did not spank their kids but one day my niece (13 at the time) and sis-in-law were having one of those day long, typical teen arguments about something, and finally my niece said something that went too far while my sis-in-law was brushing her hair. She smacked niece on the upper arm once with the flat of the brush. It left a pink mark, that was gone by evening, but in the meantime niece said she'd call CPS on mom, mom said go ahead, niece did of course sobbing and hysterical, they came right away, saw the pink mark, and took both kids from the house. Took my bro and sis-in-law weeks, lawyers and several anger management/parenting classes to get them back. Then you hear of situations like this, where there should be invertention of some kind, and CPS says their hands are tied and they can do nothing. I hope that the time you have Kaleb has a large enough impact on his life to overcome this poor parenting.

Sunlight

DDD he is only 3. he is eligible to go to a church run daycare that welfare will pay for. danielle has used up all the people she knows in one way or another. I live three hours away. I work and when I get him, we meet half way. the church place is not in walking distance. you must drive there.

when he was an infant, a teacher who knew danielle in high school was roped into kaleb rescue on a regular basis. I finally got her number and we spoke. her own daughter got preg in high school and now this woman is too busy for kaleb. many others tried. I have offered time and again to keep kaleb. for good.

they would no longe let him come because they bring in aides based on number of kids per day. she has to sign up and never showed up. he also had to be potty trained to go, I did that last month. the poor dear had to be trained to big potties because no one is going to help him. I have taught him to be very self sufficient as much as I can as no one dresses him or makes meals. he climbs up on the potty for number two and I taught him how to not fall in. sigh.

DDD

I was hoping that the daycare was close enough that perhaps a
dependable Mother could take him along with her own child..and
be happy to get a small stipend from you and boyfriend to do so.'

Thinkin' Cap back on. DDD

saving grace

Sorry Janet, I am just catching up on posts I have had comp problems lately. I cant believe what I am hearing. He is a baby, I cant believe the authorities wont step in. He should be taken away from her for neglect and abuse.

If he is her meal ticket, would she let you keep him and not tell the state? He could stay with you and she could continue to keep her benefits. When he comes for the 2 weeks, towards the end of the time, call her and ask for a few more days make excuses for the extension etc... make your time with him longer each time. As long as she is getting her money she shouldnt care one way or the other, especially if she has a new boyfriend.

At least that way he will not be in danger as often.

I am sick to my stomach, I tried for years to have another child and cannot and these idiots can reproduce and not give a bleep about these poor babies.

I am also so very sad to hear about Ant, I will keep in my prayers.

Grace