ant is mugged

ROE

What a terrifying experince. While I would want these criminals to be punished to the full extent of the law, I would probably be too afraid to press charges too. Hopefully, (we can try to detach but we never stop hoping do we?)this will be a turning point for Ant.

I'm with you, God does have a plan; and it can be frustrating and disheartening when we don't understand what it is.

KFld

Not to make you feel worse, but the worse part of this is that Ant will probably not take the actions he needs to make sure that his identity is not used. He should be report this all to the credit bureaus and be taking every step he can, but I know that probably won't be on the top of his priority list.

Ughhhh!!!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.

Sure wish that could be tattooed on his drinking arm so he'd see it every time he raised his glass, Janet...and that seeing it would do some good.

I'm very sorry that this continues.

Suz

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
(((HUGS))) So very sorry for this continued destruction of our boy ant. You know? I feel like he's my son, too. :crying:

This isn't the first time he's been hurt due to his alcohol/drug use, either. Didn't he show up at your house at 2AM once with a busted up face?

My difficult child was also beaten and threatened repeatedly because of his drug involvement. There really is nothing like that fear of someone harming our children, and the awful hopeless angry realization that they bring it upon themselves. Random violence is one thing, but the knowledge that they put themselves inside that world on purpose simply shatters our hearts.

You and boyfriend have done all you could. There is nothing left to do but continue to offer prayers. You all have mine.

Peace

TerryJ2

Oh, Janet, how frustrating.
You're right, your boyfriend stuck his neck out and did everything and more and difficult child refused it.
You have no alternative but to walk away from difficult child.
Save your own heart and relationships. {{cyberhugs}}

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I don't know that I have any words of comfort....it will only change when Ant decides to change......who knows when that will be? Wishing you would not have to suffer the pain of your son.....</span>

:crying:

amstrong

I was so sad to see this. I am praying the same prayer you are for him. I know what it is like to be mad at God--I never ever was mad at God until I married dex and he started his addictive shenanigans. My Alanon friends used to tell me that God was giving me these things to deal with to make me stronger but I NEVER said I wanted to be a sumo-wrestler! The comforting thing is that it is OK to be mad a God and I learned it is OK to yell at him when I need to. He will still be there for me- and for you.

Again, this made me sad and I am keeping you guys close to my heart and in my prayers.

Hugs,

rejectedmom

Janet, I too have often asked why in regard to my son. It is a very difficult question. Recently I had a bit of a revelation though. I was driving home and I passed a Christian school that had a sign out front. The sign said "Have you turned people toward God?" I thought about that for a second and I said to myself "well I certainly haven't turned anyone away from Him. Then the light bulb in my head came on. I realized that my difficult child had indeed turned people toward God. Many people have said prayers for our sons. Many within our families have experienced a strengthening of faith. So for me anyway, I realized that fact alone was purpose enough for my son's wreched life. I continue to hope and pray that God will see fit to help my son so that he wll be able to lift himself out of his current life. When he does that I hope he continues to turn people to the Lord's way but in a more positive venue. -RM

Sunlight

very good words to think about from all.

boyfriend and I found a place closer to boyfriend, cheaper in a good area. boyfriend will approach ant about that place to live. we shall see.

To top things off, last night boyfriend told me his older daughter...the one who has a history of excluding me...has planned a trip for her and her sister and her dad.
none of them bothered to ask me if I wanted to go, no one told me it was planned...just like last time.

I asked boyfriend last night if he wanted to have his mother over for mother's day dinner. he said he would not be home. he is leaving friday for a three day trip with his daughters. I was stunned. not that he cannot have time with them, but that once more this was planned a month ago...and they didnt ask me along. the only asked him and he agreed and didnt tell me. the daughters live near Wash Difficult Child and he and I have always made the trips together since I started up with him. he never went to see them without me.

he said they like just having time with him. not a big deal, but why doesnt he ever let me in on knowing he is going?? we have lived together nearly two yrs other than the one week break he suggested in March. he said he is torn as they want only him and he does NOT need time from me but doesnt want them to get mad if he includes me. he said he didnt tell me sooner as it was to be last weekend and he was not sure so he delayed it to this weekend. the older girl does not want her daddy to date. she wants to continue with him as if I were dead.

I am tired of surprises in my life. they all seem to be the not good kind. I feel left out and wish he would have reminded the girls we are a couple. or..at the least asked me if I would want to go, or if I minded if he went.

disappointing people seem to be the topic of this week in my life.

Hanging-On

I just logged on, and read this. I'm so sorry for you. What you must be going through. {{{HUGS}}} I hope your prayer will be answered, I know I've felt the same way too some times.