JJJ

Is anyone's difficult child on something for anxiety???? Probably should have asked earlier as I'm leaving for psychiatrist in 30 minutes and he really needs to do something to get Tigger's anxiety under control.

TerryJ2

Hi, my difficult child takes Clonidine, which is more for aggression, but it works for his anxiety as well.
I wish we could do Prozac but we had a hard enough time with-Zoloft.
The psychiatrist refuses to prescribe Xanax because it's too addictive.

JJJ

Thanks all. psychiatrist went with Buspar because he said it was approved for as young as 6. Let's hope it works.

SkunkMomma

difficult child takes paxil and wellbutrin. We have tried coming off the paxil twice and I will never do it again. He really does not have any anxiety problems on this dosage, but when we have tried to come off the paxil (and we do it very gradually) he is a basket case.

Janna

D is on Buspar.

He does okay (just okay) on 10 mg AM and 10 mg PM. I'll tell you though, the higher we went, the more "manic" he became. Increased hyperactivity and such. He was to the point of being on 20 mg AM and 20 mg PM and I, myself, knocked 10 mg off each time for him.

I've heard good and bad from some moms about it. As always, probably depends on the kid.

Hope it works!

K

Kjs

Let me know how the Buspar works. difficult child was in ER a week ago due to anxiety attack. They gave him a low dose of xanax. Which he won't take because he is afraid of a bad reaction and he might die !!! SO frustrating. If you find anything that helps Tigger PLEASE share.

Last edited: