Any positive energy and prayer welcomed...

Tiapet

Old Hand
Buddy, you know I'm a strong believer in fate (from reading my posts) so I believe that fate will deliver to you just what you need when the time comes and not a moment to soon, even if you don't recognize it. I do hope that things work out and it all brings much more peace for you and Q. I can not, NOT, imagine living the way you have had to. I have 3 and I have a SO (as little help as he is at times) and it's so difficult but to be in your shoes...I honestly don't know that I could do it. You and people like you are what keeps ME going in my tough times!

I have been in your shoes as far as giving notice and not known where the heck I was going next. Somehow it always does manage to work out.

buddy

Thank You everyone for the sweet words. I am hoping that the call for income verification (they already had the numbers from the online app so could have nixed it right there) was a good sign but I have already started filling out the other app in case...it is a different agency. You never know.

Unfortunately they did call back but I was inside the therapy center and cell phone signals dont work in there for some reason. So, I missed it by 9 minutes and when I tried to call back a couple of times no answer.....I left one message, but I think they go show a lot of units after work hours and it was right at that time. Sigh. Have to wait till tomorrow. I did get an email from Q's case worker that said if I give her the exact addy and amounts once accepted she for sure will see if our county can help with the start up costs. This is why I will not move closer to his school/therapy centers. Even our therapist who works in home with people all over the cities said to stay put...he said few counties manage kids with these behaviors as well. We have a good case manager, (a PHN) and she really cares. Has known Q since he was 10.

I so appreciate all of the well wishes, it means everything to me, thanks seems small.

S

Signorina

Crossing fingers for you -- I hope it works out the way it is supposed to...I hate waiting. I can only imagine how hard this is...

Pretzel, pretzel, pretzel!!! And some prayers too! I sure hope you get good news today and you get the place with the basement!! I love the idea of setting it up as a semi-apartment for Q and helping him learn more life skills.

buddy

Well this management company said my income is 150.00 per month short. Applying for the others ....yikes. so scared.

Ktllc

Does it mean you have to find some a bit cheaper? Or maybe there are no set rules and they all use a different formula? Either way, don't get discouraged. It is only your first app. after all. You'll find something good.

buddy

This was the cheapest one that would work....the others have the same issues (or worse) to what we have now....hopefully this is just how this one management company works. I guess I will find out...sigh.

buddy

LOL I wish....,Parent pay through the waiver is legislated and based off of PCA state rates. The legislature LOWERED the rates and of course payroll taxes, unemployment taxes etc...all increased so my pay went DOWN. Nothing an individual can do because it is a state thing. Now, if he was not my son I could be paid more (like my mom is when she cares for him). They also removed all parent gas reimbursement for waiver activities (still can get .20 for straight MA billable doctor and therapy appointments). But if my mom drives she can get .55/mile to drive Q places as long as I have it budgeted for in the waiver. I did budget for all of the horseback riding so she can take him at times.

I am off to see two more units today...also turned in the app for apt. 2 which was like number one but with the finished basement. This lady said to write a cover letter explaining why I am spending 40% instead of 35% on housing, that it is for his special needs. She also said they absolutely are firm that they want a July 1 move in date. The case manager DID say that she thinks the county can help with a deposit and first months rent, my sister is willing to let me use room on her credit card for a month...SOOO hoping that will cover it. I asked my sister first (six years ago I lent her 3000 too, so it is very sweet she is offering).

buddy

Turned in two apps....another $80....please Lord....

The one I saw this morning was very good and the leasing agent said the man owns several rentals and it is up to him about the income guidelines and credit not the rental agency.....so maybe??? It is 100 more per month than the first, fifty more than the second but the bedroom for Q has NO SHARED WALLS!....downstairs is a huge family room with a floating floor...perfect for Q...another nice balcony and NOT overlooking anyone. Has a HUGE 2 car garage. keep up the pos. thoughts....prayers....I thank you in advance!

SuZir

:hugs:It has to be absolutely nerve racking to wait and make applications. I hope you find your new home quickly! At least all the places you are telling us sound like they have lots of good points. I just hope you don't have to continue looking too long.