Anyone Else Think Xmas Break is Waaay Too Long?

Wiped Out

Staff member
DF-I'm on the other side of the fence this year. As a teacher I'm enjoying the break-really needed it even though I have a fabulous class this year. Even being a teacher there have been many times when, due to my difficult child's lack of stability, I've thought break was too long. However, this has probably been his best break ever and I'm almost afraid of what going back to school will mean for him.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Especially when my kids are being so dang nasty to eachother. I'm not looking forward to being alone with them for three days next week!

Marguerite

DaisyFace, in Australia we get six weeks off at Christmas!

School goes back at the very end of January, it will also be a new school year. The rest of the country mostly shuts down between Christmas & New Year, too. Apart from shopping and entertainment, there's little else available.

Marg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Marg--

Yikes! Here I thought I had it bad with the kids being off for over two weeks!

So...I guess I can console myself with the fact that it is *only* 2 1/2 weeks--and not six!!!

jal

difficult child's break didn't start until last Wed, the day before xmas eve. Mine started after a half day of work on xmas eve. I am looking forward to it as I need the break. husband is here so luckily we bounce off of each other. difficult child got a lot to keep him occupied, so...so far, so good. But, it's only day one of what could become a long week. My tune might change in a few days!

P.S. They are out and about now, so I'm home alone =)