Anyone have a good

Wiped Out

Staff member
home remedy for a bruised tailbone? When difficult child pushed me down the stairs two weeks ago in addition to the sprained ankle I also have a bruised tail bone (definitely not broken-they xrayed it). The pain at times is incredible! I went back to working out and sitting on the bike was very painful.l

I'm guessing probably I need to be taking lots of ibuprofen. Any other ideas?
Thanks!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Get one of those inflatable donut shaped pillows to sit on. It will relieve some of the pressure on that area. By this time, heat is probably the best thing to put on it to help speed healing. If you don't have a heating pad, try a hot tub soak.

KTMom91

Maybe one of those pain patches you stick on? The name escapes me, but I've seen the commercials on TV.

susiequte

Heat feels good on that area, BUT....it doesn't help! Get the ice pack, and cover up with a blanket. Ice 3-4x/daily will make a world of difference! I am the ICE NAZI! (i.e. nurse!). The donut pillow, ibuprofen will also help.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sorry you're hurting!

Definitely ice the area, get the pillow if you have to be sitting a lot. Ibuprofen will help. **Get some Arnica homeopathic gel and apply to the area 3-4 times a day. It will help with bruising and pain from blunt trauma. It really does help! Also, you can take the homeopathic Arnica pills if you want. I use this at home all the time, as I am an easy bruiser and am so klutzy I'm always banging into something or other and it helps a lot!

Lothlorien

Yep, Arnica Montana pills. A bruised tailbone is going to hurt for a long time. I fell on my rear end when I was about 12, while rollerskating. It hurt for months. Sorry you are hurting. I'm cringing for you right now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I broke the end of my tailbone off when I was 12 - rollerskating. Man......you talk about bloody painful. I will never be able to wag again. So I do feel your pain. 30 years later? I feel your pain.

Had to laugh at the Ice Nazi - suziqt. (That would also be my Mom) The Ice Nazi. I'm not sure how going to Montana will help :tongue: - but....if that's what Loth suggests? It must work. Personally I think a nice trip anywhere without a difficult child would help you and not be a pain in the (OH DON'T YOU SAY THAT WORD HERE STAR) !# but then I'm a little more cynical these days.

I think cutting out the middle man is always good - maybe if you WENT to Montana and SAT in a snow drift you could get away from the kid, ice your bum, and relax without stress?!! Sounds like a winner. How many tickets can I put you down for? Take the train though, you can't move around much in a plane or bus. And GCV said to bring doughnuts. Any sugary snack is always welcome.

Well I'm glad we had this little talk and fixed your butt. :D;)

Hugs -
Star

Epsom baths help a lot for my low back pain. (2 cups in hot water). When severe, I althernate with cold packs. So does staying off my feet. There is agreat arnica cream and candelua cream at healt food stroes. Lavneder in a bath helps relax. Chripractic helps tons. So does massage. Compassion

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks for all of the good suggestions-I will be needing them! Star-thanks for the laugh-I needed that!!