Anyone See the Oprah Australia Special?

Marg's Man

Our media tell us that Oprah's Aussie adventure went to air in the US last night and that it was pretty good.

The Australian Tourist Commission is over the moon as the "target audience" are the Mums of middle America. I have amongst you a fairly good sample of this target group so, Ladies what did you think?

Marg's Man

donna723

I thought it was GREAT! It's more than one show though ... part two is on right now here and I'm watching it. I would LOVE to visit Australia! One of these days (when I win the lottery) I'll be there!

K

KatieLouWho

I did and started planning the trip (mostly in my head but did some online work). I had a good friend that lived in Melbourne so its been in the back of my mind that I have wanted to travel there but this really moved it up in priority. Mind you, it won't be nearly as exciting, not many get to do all the amazing things as she did. The bbq on the beach with Curtis Stone as chef, sailing with Russell, taking a heli ride over the Great Barrier Reef. I must have missed the part where Hugh Jackman flew into the pole while zip lining in and smashed up his beautiful face, or did they not show it?

Michelle

donna723

They just showed a preview of part three that's on tomorrow and that's the one that has Hugh Jackman on it ...

Marguerite

We won't see it until we get home from easy child's place. We're hoping the computer tapes the show for us with no problems!

OK, you might not have Curtis Stone or Russell Crow, but all those things are possible. I think I saw in the ad for show 2 - was Oprah eating a pie floater at Harry's Cafe de Wheels? That's the one right near difficult child 3's school, which I know is 100 yards from Russell Crowe's place.

A lot of what they did is easily doable from any major Aussie city. Uluru is the exception, of course! And the Barrier Reef.

I've been to the Barrier Reef once, when easy child was a baby. And never been to Uluru but desperately want to go. However, I've spoken to many people who have seen a lot more and who have brought back the photos. It's a marvellous place.

We're in Canberra right now, none of the Oprah people went there, which is a pity. They would have loved it. Our Parliament House is one huge, earth-covered building. It opens up for state visits so the visiting statesman can just walk right in. The whole city has been meticulously planned, but doesn't have the manufactured look you would expect. It's only when you look along certain roads and see important buildings lining up, a bit like that scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey when all the planets and the obelisk line up... and you get the same feeling of hairs rising on the back of your neck.

husband is in one of those buildings right now - the War Memorial. It all connects together, but subtly.

Love the place. But it's hot!

Marg