Baby Emily Update

J

joneshockey

Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry that it has been quite a few weeks since I have last been in contact with all of you. So much has happened around here. Emily is already 3 months old and has been having many medical issues that have resulted in 3 hospitalizations. (2 for having high potassium and 1 for a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) infection that required a 7 day stay for IV antibiotics) She is infection-free as of now, but has been scheduled for kidney surgery on August 2. She has been such a little trooper through all of this... I feel so bad for her. I am hopeful that the surgery that she will have will prevent her from being so sick all the time.

She continues to be a VERY happy and easy baby. Both the boys continue to pretty much ignore her but all of our jealiousy issues have been resolved. I will try to be more prompt with posting updates in the future... I have just been sooo extremely busy going from 1 doctor to another with her. (We average about 2-5 appointments for her weekly)... I don't know what I am going to do once I go back to work the 2nd week in August --- there is NO WAY I can continue to take her to all these doctors. and work! Please keep your fingers crossed that after her surgery her health will be much better so that the appointments can be scaled back!

Last edited:
T

TeDo

:please: Let this surgery work so she won't be sick and mom can go to work without worries (besided the difficult child issues she will worry about anyhow).:cheerleader:

DDD

Sounds like Baby Emily is a fighter. She will have my supportive thoughts and prayers along with the rest of the CD family. What a comfort it must be to have you an active member of the team. Hugs. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Keeping Emily in my prayers, and you too.

Thanks for the update. Been thinking about you guys and wondering how you were doing.

Hugs

shellyd67

Thanks for the update Joneshockey, I will continue to keep Emily and your family in my prayers. I do hope her surgery will prevent her from being sick so often.

She is just beautiful !

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
As soon as I saw your screen name I had to check!

I'm glad she's such a little fighter... I really hope the surgery will help her health. Seems like things aren't as bad as you thought, though honestly bad enough!

:hugs: I am glad to hear from you, and will keep up prayers for little Emily.

TerryJ2

Thank you for the update. You've got your hands full!
I hope the surgery does the trick and that the two of you can say goodbye to doctors for a long time.
She sure has a lot of hair! I'm so glad she's an "easy" baby, in regard to her personality. What a blessing.