Baking Question....

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DaisyFace, Dec 18, 2009.

1. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Hello all you cookie-bakers out there!

I want to take a regular cookie recipe and instead of "dropping by rounded spoonfuls" on a baking sheet, just spreading in a pan as cookie bars.

Does anyone know how to figure the baking time?

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

I'd probably set it for the same- then stand there and watch it with the light on. LOL! If you are spreading it out as one "sheet" with plans to cut them into bars after they cook, I'd think it might take a little longer.
  3. DaisyFace

I think so too...

bake time for cookies is 9 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees...

I ahve turned the heat down to 325 and I am starting the bars at 15 minutes...thinking that I'll probably have to go at least 25 to 30 minutes baking.

I hope they turn out OK!

(If not, I guess I'll just have to eat my "ruined" chocolate-chip oatmeal bars all by myself...O well)
  4. klmno

klmno Active Member

Have you thought about 1/2 at a time- that way you get 2 tries?
  5. muttmeister

muttmeister Well-Known Member

I don't know about the recipe you are making but an example: if you make regular chocolate chip cookies you bake them at 375 for 9-11 minutes. If you spread the same recipe in a 10x15 pan, you bake them at the same temperature for 20 to 25 minutes. Whatever you are making should be comparable.
  6. DaisyFace

Thanks Muttmeister!

I knew there had to be a simple "rule of thumb" for cookies vs bars.

I'll let you know how they turn out!
  7. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Found this on the web. . .

8. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

I always make the toll house choc. chip cookies in a pan...... bake at same temperature but 20-25 minutes...... yummo
  9. DaisyFace

So I baked the cookie bars at 325 for a little more than 30 minutes and ooooooooo do they look good!!!!

Thanks for the help!

10. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

LOL... Till they're done!