Bless his little heart -- sometimes I wish he wasn't so helpful!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I have a lacrosse board meeting today, and difficult child 1's coach has decided to host a BBQ for the board members & their spouses as a thankyou for our efforts over the past two years in getting this new program off the ground.

We were not asked to bring anything, but I know that a couple people are bringing some side dishes, so I decided to bake brownies this morning to take to the bbq.

Well, the oven timer went off while I was outside and dear, sweet difficult child 2 came to the rescue and turned off the timer and (this time) actually took the pan out, set it on the stovetop and turned OFF the oven! Great job, right? Mostly. He also decided to cut the brownies while they were still gooey hot. And in slightly less-than-even pieces. Sigh.

I thanked him for being helpful but explained that 1) it's best to wait until they've cooled to cut them, otherwise they tend to fall apart at the edges, and 2) I needed 12 equally-sized pieces, not eight geometrically-challenged pieces. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Love it!!!!!! Love him! So you have a rorchalk test huh? Throw em out there........let me have a whak at it! (come on.........)

Oh hey .....just wanted to say - Water Polo AND Lacrosse?
Can you please pass the Grey Poupon? ROFL.

KTMom91

Pat them back together, sprinkle on some marshmallows and chopped nuts, and melt some chocolate frosting and drizzle it over the top. Rocky road brownies.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah Star, us left-coasters are becoming real genteel-like, ya know? Snarf.

Mary, great idea for the "reject" pieces.

But I ended up making a second batch, trimmed the first batch into recognizeable serving pieces and took both. And as luck would have it, only a few people ate the brownies anyway! I left the lot of it figurig the coach's two younger kids would enjoy the leftovers :bigsmile:

Malika

I suppose it is the thought that counts :) I know I would have been annoyed by this (to my shame), for his not asking first... But you rose to the occasion wonderfully and even made another batch! Well done, mom.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH you EVEN said "LEFT" coasters.....snarf.....BULLY FOR YOU CHICKY! Is that more trendy than "West Coasters"? If it is I want to start calling myself a "Right Coaster" (thinks for a moment) .....maybe not. lol

There's so many problems with being right....all.the.time. lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Malika, I was VERY annoyed and started out scolding, but had to catch myself and quickly backpedaled, thanking him for helping and for taking it out when the timer went off. And in the same breath let him know I was also frustrated and why. SO hard sometimes to balance the teaching moments...