Boys on vacation with dad - I FEEL SOOOO SAD

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by ME & THE BOYS, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ME & THE BOYS

ME & THE BOYS New Member

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't written for abit (apart from asking questions about medications). I hope to get on here and read/reply for a change while the kids are away. I have eight days to myself.

This is crazy. My kids who stress me out and drive me nuts, have left this a.m. for vacation with their dad. I thought I would be so excited to be alone (MAYBE TOMORROW??), instead I feel so so so sad/down/lonely.

It feels depressing that they are all on vacation TOGETHER (less me). It feels like Xmas Day (HORRIBLE). As I said, I hope I won't feel like this for the eight days they are away.

I will check back later. I have made myself a hair appointment. for today.

I hope we are all o.k!
  2. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

I think it is the let down of not having to be so busy that makes that type of thing happen for me. Take a deep breath and relish the quiet time. Do some you things. Its ok.

3. AllStressedOut

AllStressedOut New Member

Take this time to pamper yourself! ((hugs))
  4. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I get like this when Tink visits her daddy on every other weekend. I get all excited that I will have two nights to myself, but by Sunday afternoon, I can't wait for her to come home.

Of course, she has not seen him in several weeks, since he is in jail. I'm about ready for her to be gone for a week.
  5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. It's a real paradox. You'll be better tomorrow. Take care.
  6. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Why would they go without you?

Enjoy your alone time. Do pamper yourself. Bubble baths, a bottle of wine, a candle lit in your favorite scent, a chick flick that you rented, maybe some popcorn - heck CHOCOLATE covered something!!! LOL!
  7. ML

ML Guest

Please try to enjoy your time. I'm sorry for your feelings of being left out. You've been through a great loss and I'm really sorry.
  8. Janna

Janna New Member

It's okay to feel that way, BUT ~

take advantage.

You'll be sorry later if you don't.
  9. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I agree with others that it is normal to feel that way and also to take advantage of this time to recharge! :bath: