brief update

B

bran155

Thank you AnnMarie and Klmno for thinking of me. :)

I haven't been on all weekend as my good friend's mother passed away on Friday so I have been pretty busy. (good thing) Now my son is home sick again, I am taking him to the doctor this afternoon. I think he has strep, what fun!!!

The detective went down to the Bronx twice to look for B, but no luck. She has been calling us a lot though. We have spoken to her almost everyday for the past few days. She even spoke to her little brother yesterday. She always asks to speak to him, usually he doesn't want to but she got really lucky yesterday as he did want to. I was happy about that. She just loves him so much. He is the only one in our family who she is nice to all of the time. He is very distant towards her though. He has seen her abuse the rest of us so he harbors resentment towards her, I'm sure. Anyway, she sounds good, she swears she is safe and that nothing bad happened to her. She swears she knows nothing about those phone calls. (haven't gotten anymore) I just don't know what to believe at this point. I know that I have done everything I can, if she says she is okay what else can we do, ya know??? We listen very carefully when she calls, trying to hear what is going on around her and read her voice as best we can. She doesn't even sound high when she calls. I know she is getting high but she is coherent when we speak to her. I pray and pray that she gets caught soon. The sad part is that this will start all over again once she is released from jail. This is something that I am going to have to get used to. My sw is coming today as well. She wants to see me weekly and continue to give me therapy as she is worried that I will soon fall back into the depression and immerse myself into my daughter's world once again. I am a bit worried about that as well. I have been doing so well, I do not want to go backwards!!!

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for being here. You all have given me so much support, helped me tremendously and taught me so much!!! I truly have gotten so much strength from all of you. This really is a soft place to fall!!!

I hope all is well with all of you.

Shawna :)

Steely

Good to hear an update Bran. You have been in my thoughts & prayers. I am glad she is calling you guys more. The more connected she can feel to you guys, the more strength she will gather.

klmno

You sound like you feel a lot better. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mother and your son being sick. At least it appears that your daughter is not hurt and Shelly is a lunatic who might have decided to leave you alone now.

Hang in there!! Keep us posted, as we do worry! :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
What is your plan if the phone calls start again?

I'm glad to see that they haven't but it's never a bad idea to have a plan B. Or a BOAT HORN in a can.

Hugs & continued support
Star

B

bran155

Thank you all so much for your continued support. She actually just called me. Get this: She said that she will turn herself in after she comes off TOUR!!! God forgive me but I almost laughed out loud!!! Off tour???? What??? She said that she is about to go on tour with someone famous and be in his video!!! Now, that is something I could totally see her doing, being used and passed around like a piece of meat!!! She would definitely do that, in her mind that would be cool. She would not look at it for what it is. And she has read the book Video Vixen!!! (about that girl who was a video girl, who was mistreated and used by the industry) She would think that would fabulous. But I don't for a minute believe that is what she is going to do!!! I would however, freak out if I saw her on MTV!!!!

Anyway, she sounded fine once again. She was in a car. She said that she was just riding around "chillin". She said that she is not in any danger and that she is taking good care of herself. Okay, next I'll buy the Brooklyn Bridge!!! She wants to come home tomorrow to bring her cousin a birthday present. I doubt she will but if on the off chance she shows up - what on earth do I do? Do I call the police? I mean, how can I not??? I don't want to actually be the one to "set her up" but what else am I supposed to do?? I want her off the streets!!!

B

bran155

I just re-read my thread and OMG, I totally did not mean that it was a good thing that my friend's mom passed!!! I just meant that it was good that I have been busy!! Jeesh!! Major blunder duh!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Bran,
Thanks for the update. I'm glad it seems there was no truth in those phone calls. I wish I had some good advice to give on what to do if she shows up. Sending hugs and strength your way.