Buddy/Q update

buddy

Hi everyone! Well, it was intense work, the kind where you just fall asleep (well at least I do) with all the finishing of the old house and of course now comes the unpacking. I finished about 11 last night.

So here was my day, (nothing can be really simple, right?)....I had to go to court for Q (he went with my mom and she took him to his activity/social group) and of course my car, which has NEVER had an issue started making awful noises on the way to drop him off about 25 miles north. I pulled over, got some oil, because the light came on, and saw I didn't have my wallet. I had a little cash, paid for it, went home and it was a little less noisy but stopped when I stopped. So got him to nana's then went to the court which was an hour south of there. I didn't see or talk to anyone, the advocate did though and we got a continuance so they could do the rule 20 evaluation. I was asked to sign those papers and now we have to get the evaluation done and they will have a new hearing on the 18th of Sept.

So on the way home the noise got worse, I made it to the old apartment and it was overheated. My sister used her AAA to tow it, I called my dad and he came over and took me to get a rental (he used his credit card, bless his heart), and it is now at the repair shop waiting for a diagnosis. While sitting and waiting for the tow AND hoping it would come fast so I could get to the rental place before it closed, I got a call from the doctor (of course....I had that SASH exam through Susan G Kolman grant.....and they said my good cholesterol was very odd and super low....the rest was ok but because SGK people feel women should be treated early they will pay for treatment and I have to call today to make an appointment to go in and see why it is so low. OF course that happened in the middle of the chaos.

I'm driving a nice car though.. but ugg.

So THEN I got to finish the move out and happily one of my neighbors allowed me to use her unused storage to stash some things that wont fit in this car until I get mine back.

Now the unpacking but that is not so rushed/desperate.

Q has continued to have a lot of ankle pain, walks up and down stairs one at a time now. The docs have examined and say it is not TD but of course are watching and he will be going to an ortho. They suspect the rapid weight gain and growth is causing issues. He still is sleep walking/talking and last night he came in my room (has done this twice) and was so upset but made NO SENSE...something about a car and he was so frustrated I didn't understand. But he went back to bed and has slept since. He weighed 158 at the doctor last week! He grew another inch and is 5-4. He feels worried about it now but they told him to just eat one of things and if he stays the same weight and grows he will be ok. Obviously he will gain on this medication anyway but he was so worried they tried to calm him. He is pretty funny though, thinks eating healthy food cancels out the not so healthy food. We talked about how eating too much of anything is not good. Poor kid, the problem is he feels so hungry and is obsessed with food since the medications started.

Q did not have to go to court. They didn't talk to me, only the law advocate. They did a continuance until the 18th of Sept and we will have the rule 20 evaluation done to declare him incompetent anyway. They said even if he this was not so and he was found guilty they would have done like 12 hours of community service and he could do that at the horse ranch. Still the principle of the thing....We are being held responsible for something jerk man-psycho did.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. I know I told you all I would not be able to be around as much but I so miss being here. Hopefully now I can be better about checking in. I miss you all so much.

S

Signorina

Thanks for the update. I am so glad you have such a supportive family. I keep you and Q in my prayers and hope this move is the start of a calmer season in your lives together. Please stay in touch!

I remember when my boys had growing pains - sounds a bit like what Q is feeling. They grow so quickly at that age. I swear PC18 woke up an inch taller one morning!! Try not to worry too much. {{{hugs}}}

pasajes4

I think cars just know when we are already in crisis and just decide to add to our already over flowing stress buckets.

SuZir

It's nice to hear from you! You have been missed.

Moving really tends to hoover, so do car troubles. I do hope your car troubles will be solved quickly and that you are able to get from (really annoying) unpacking part to the part there you can enjoy your new home. I hope it will serve you and Q well in coming years!

I'm also glad to hear that while the court case may not be solved ideally, at least it will not be a worst case scenario you were worried earlier.

:hugs:

T

TeDo

Wow....Glad the move is past the hard part. Even more glad you got a continuance to get the rule 20 done. I agree that Q is probably having some major growth spurts that are causing the pain. Sorry about the car trouble. I HATE when that happens because the timing is ALWAYS bad. Praying it's nothing big.

Thanks for the update. You're just way TOO busy. You need to take some time for YOU and there's no better thing to do for that than come here........LOL. We do miss you!

TerryJ2

Thanks for the update! So sorry about your car.
And it is really, really nice to have a supportive family. :)
I hope you can at least enjoy some of the unpacking if it involves organizing and decorating in a fun way.

StressedM0mma

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the car, but am so glad that you and Q are settling into the new place. Hope all of the court mess settles quickly and quietly.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks for the update. Ughhhhhhh about the car. I know what you mean about the weight. My difficult child is the same age as yours. He is 5 feet 4 1/2 inches and weighs 164. He also craves food due to the medications he is on. Sending hugs your way.

cubsgirl

I hope the amount of stress on you lessens but it sounds as if you handle it all brilliantly :) Glad that Q didn't have to go to court.