Checking In and updating My Friends

SunnyFlorida

Hi ya Robbie!
Really glad to see you. I'm so sorry that you're sort of in a rut emotionally. difficult child's as well as difficult children's can do that to ya.

DO NOT ACCEPT GUILT and DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE SUCKED INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S DRAMA

There, I said it. Robbie, we all feel some sort of guilt at some point. It's not exactly guilt but a gnawing questioning. You've got to know and got to believe, you did everything you could with the information you had and the information you knew.

Our difficult child's when they want to get out of trouble, blame everything and everybody except themselves. They accept absolutely no responsibility for their own actions.

I think it's great that there's some large space between you, husband, and difficult child. I would limit your contact with difficult child and brother of difficult child. Let them be a while. In a few years they'll be more mature and what will be will be.

I know that's easier said than done, but time is a great healer.

busywend

Nice to see you Robby!!! I am glad you and husband are getting the break from GFGland that you deserve. I am sure difficult child and biomom are learning alot about each other.

Let them be. I would not even be on the phone with him if I were you.

HUGS!!

Oh yeah - congrats on the new job!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Cook, nice to see you. I'm sorry to hear that your difficult child has made a poor choice. You sure don't ever have to feel guilt over your gift to him.

Glad to hear your professional life is going well. Hugs. I always miss you.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Robby,
Great to see you!! I'm sorry Chad isn't doing so well. As others have said you have no reason to feel any guilt. I'm glad things are going well workwise! You have been missed! :kisses:

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
<span style="color: #FF0000">COOKIE!</span>
I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you and husband are okay...sorry difficult child is being a difficult child. It isn't your fault - and if he's doing anything to make you feel like it is, then it's pure manipulation. Someday he will mature enough to admit what good parents he had. (hey, it happened to us!).

It's time for you and husband to move on with your lives. Would husband be open to counseling for the two of you? It would do a world of good. You need help detaching from C and from your guilt, and enjoying the lack of day-to-day stress and chaos. You've done everything you could, and the rest is up to C.

I don't get on here much myself anymore, but I lurk from time to time. Don't be such a stranger, k? We've missed you :salute:

((hugs))
Genny

nlg319

So good to see you! You were the first member I connected with when I first came here about 3 years ago as scrabblelover. I always appreciated your kind words and years of wisdom!

muttmeister

It's good to see you back and I'm glad that the rest of your life is looking good even though the difficult child part is still a pain. It's time for you to take a well deserved break from all of the drama. You have nothing to feel badly about because you know that you did your best and tried to help him in any way you could. Some people just don't want to be helped. The old saying is that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You provided the water, the tank, the barn, the love, the food, the nurturing, the concern, and everything else you could think of. There is a chance that one day he will realize that. If so, great. If not, you still did the best you could and can be happy about that.
Enjoy your new job. It sounds great, except for the 5:30 part 0 I'm definitely a night owl. About the only time I see 5:30 is if I haven't gone to bed yet!