Could use some prayers for my dog

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Lothlorien, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

She's sick...very sick. Kidney functions are bad. Vet called me today. She needs IV therapy. He thinks it may be Lymes. I'm hoping that's all it is. She's been intermittently sick and even had bloody diarrhea last week. Her blood work and urinalysis isn't good. I have to bring her in Monday. Lymes can be treated, but if it's kidney disease, there's not a whole lot they can do but keep her comfortable. I'm really trying not to think about it.

2. house of cards

house of cards New Member

I'm praying it isn't kindey disease. That is what killed our poodle Essie, I'll be holding positive thoughts.

3. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sending out prayers for your dog - I hope they figure it out quick and it is treatable.

4. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Having lost both of my beloved old girls in less than a year, you have my sincere sympathies. :9-07tears:

If it turns out to be pancreatitus (sounds like it) let me know. My first dog was diagnosed with it and I had to become an expert. Your pup's symptoms sure found like it could be the same.

Gosh, this is so hard. :9-07tears:

Hugs,
    Suz

5. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

{{{Hugs}}} and prayers being sent.

6. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Hoping the best for your baby

7. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Prayers and good thoughts going out. Chicken livers in the freezer if needed!

Hugs.

8. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Sending hugs and prayers for your baby. I'm so sorry. I hate when they are sick - they can't tell us what hurts and how scared they are. Love her up all you can~

9. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for your fur-kid and lots of hugs for you. I hope it's something that is easily treatable.

10. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Loth~

I'm keeping radiant and positive thoughts that your vet is surrounded by continuted good knowledge and ingenuity. Sending 12 cupped paws and 2 clasped hands in prayer that your baby is not in pain today and will recover and be healthy as ever!! Praying hard here for your furkid! :angel3::angel3::angel3::angel3:

11. Lothlorien

Thanks. I'll let you all know tomorrow when we come back from the vet.

12. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I hope she will be well and comfortable.

13. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry she's sick...prayers being said. Give her kisses from Buddy.

14. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Hugs to fur baby and you. It's a hard thing to watch happen. She's got a couple thousand of board aunties thinking of her.

Abbey

15. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Hugs, prayers, love and strength for you and your furbaby. I hope it's just lyme's.

16. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Hugs, I know you are scared. Good thoughts being sent. My heart still aches about my sweet pup. You are getting medical help and giving her comfort. It's all you can do.

17. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that you all are going thru this. My thoughts are with you all. DDD

18. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Any news?

Abbey

19. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I hope it's treatable. I'm sorry for the anguish you must be feeling :(

20. Lothlorien

Basically, we are treating the treatable. At then end of the visit, he asked me if I had any questions....I said, yeah, but not one I really wanted to ask. I asked him what the prognosis or how long does she have. Well, he said if she responds to the treatments over the next few weeks, she could have months and months and if she doesn't it could be weeks. I said....you said months and months, but not 'year or years.' He just looked at me and said he was sorry. There are no words to describe what I'm feeling right now.