CPS issue???

H

HaoZi

Just surprised me that the officers were more concerned over the yelling than the sharp middle of the road u-turn he pulled, even if the road was empty at the time.

klmno

It is kind of funny rto visualize but I guess I can see where that might have appeared like a man who'd possibly started raging on his wife (or girlfriend) and started acting out of control with the driving. I'm surprised they didn't ticket him for the driving though.

klmno

True, Terry, I don't know the hx and sure wouldn't want to cause havoc for a family who might be dealing with difficult child issues like those of us here. And we (most anyway) have probably crossed the line of PP (perfect parenting) sometimes when it's late and we're at wits end and tired already, then another issue comes up.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Depends on who you send the tape to -

Send it to Nancy Grace? The guy is doing 5-10 in San Quentin and is the SCUM of the Earth.

Send it to CPS in your state - and they basically will get around to it - or Jump on it with the speed of a freight train if....it already GOT to Nancy Grace and the kid is already in a suitcase in a canal somewhere and have "Done their best to attend to the parents" who were 'SCUM' of the earth and Non-compliant.

This is EXACTLY why I kept and still have - every single scrap of paper/log/notebook - from the very first inception of Dudes mental health debut and prior to it.

No sir - you are NOT ever coming to tell ME ------I did little to nothing - I'm coming to tell YOU - YOU didn't do as I begged.

Seriously - no one wants to bother until it's a floating suitcase. Then everyone wants their 4 mintues of (please don't use my name) BUT I TOLD THE NEIGHBORS I thought that kid was being abused.

Good for you klmno -

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Chiming in here .... I think as parents of mentally/emotionally disturbed children we have become almost hyper aware/sensitive to issues of this nature. Yelling at a child isn't against the law. Telling a kid to get their act together or else is pretty typical.....many parents feel the need to put the fear of God into their kids.

Just coming from a different direction here. Hope it's not offensive to anyone.

klmno

No sir - you are NOT ever coming to tell ME ------I did little to nothing - I'm coming to tell YOU - YOU didn't do as I begged.

I've done this, too, due to difficult child's court involvement and me still being held legally responsible. I moved here with no more than 3 carloads of stuff but every bit of difficult child'd MH and sd papers are here.

TL- that's not offensive and after thinking about it, I think it bothered me so much because of the negative messages about myself that were put there by my mother and bro growing up and that ran thru the back of my mind for years. It took intensive therapy to get past them and realize how much they had contributed to my own self-destructive behavior. But you bring up a good point and what has one effect on one kid isn't going to have the same efffect on another.

I'm half asleep so I hope I'm making sense. LOL!

BusynMember

The guy is a jerk in my opinion, but unless there are bruises going on CPS isn't going to come out. I personally don't trust CPS...they are hit or miss and not very well trained. Sometimes they ignore abuse. Sometimes they harass families who are not abusive at all and even take their kids.

If you call the police about any form of child abuse, they will immediately tell CPS. I was told, they had to.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I agree with Timer - I do think we get hyper aware of yelling. Very good point. I think we get hyper aware mostly because by the time most of us get to the point where we (myself included) realized that we needed help we HAD yelled. Maybe not like the guy on the phone, but we had yelled at our kids and sat down and thought "What was THAT?" Then realized we needed help, felt sorry that we had yelled at an innocent or maybe we didn't feel we had yelled at an 'innocent', but still knew something was wrong.

I tell any parent that thinks they are questioning their abilities as a parent to have a WalMart day. I used to do this with Dude, and even as a young man, at the age of 20 - he's aware and remembers these days. We would go into a WalMart and have "observation" time. Usually it came after he would blurt out hateful things like "You're a horrible Mother or You #O$) as a Mom." Utterances of this sort - invaribly got him - A WM day.

In a WM observation day - you walk in - and the child keeps his hand ON THE CART. That's the deal You keep your hand on the cart the entire shopping trip, say nothing, not a single word, and when you are done, if you complete the entire trip? The child gets to pick out a prize. The prize value was based on my ability to stand in a WM for whatever length of time I could endure it. (not long) 30 minutes would get him a $1.00 toy, 45 minutes - $3.00 toy, if it were an hour trip? Heck - we both got a $5.00 prize. (we earned it).

Rules were simple - Hand on cart, no wandering. Mouth shut - no talking - just observing other Moms and how they talk to their kids and how their kids talk to their Moms. Discussion after leaving store - Did you see BADLY behaved children? Did you see badly behaved Moms/Dads? How did it look in public? Do you want others to see you behaving like that in public, didn't look very good did it? It usually got a good conversation out of him - and we'd have lunch, then he'd get his toy. It taught me a lot too, about how I didn't want to behave or look in public. It helped me to take Dude out of the store when he was mis-behaving instead of doing the almighty parenting correct in mid-aisle which I hate. Like "I'll show everyone how good of a parent I am - I'll correct you right here." Wrong----take the kid to the potty - or take him outside - noone is going to steal your WM cart. And for pity sake if he's crying? Leave the store, and come back later. WOW -is that, that hard of a concept? WOW.

So I get what Linda is saying - maybe we do get too sensitive to it, but one thing I won't stand for is to see a parent jerking a kid around anywhere - abuse is abuse and it won't happen in front of these eyes. Spanking is one thing - that's your private matter - three swats and all - but jerking a little one all over the place like a rag doll? I have stepped in on those - and on men abusing women. Maybe I do need to reel it back in a little over the words. Thanks Timer.

DammitJanet

K...were you listening on my phone calls? At any given point in time, someone is threatening to kick someone's rear. I know just last night in the car I was talking to Keyana's mom and I dropped the A bomb and as soon as it left my lips I heard the "OHHHHH" from the back seat. Busted!

We have a huge quarter jar here now.

I know we use the term bust your butt down here. Also whip your butt. Interchange that with beat your butt. Doesnt mean we are going to actually beat them senseless. Keyana has a cute saying from her other Grandma. Evidently when they are bad over there, Grandma Linda "gets a holt of them"...lol. This apparently happens most often to her brother than to angelic miss Keyana...haha. (The one I had to spank just the other night!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Doesn't mean we are going to beat them senseless? .......Oh yeah it does.....Just wait till I gets a holt to em. (THE BIGGER ONES THE BIGGER ONES) - I've had therapy......