Customzed Clothess bought Online?

susiestar

Roll With It
Has anyone taken a look at www.eshakti.com? It is an onlne clothing store that allows you to customize the clothing to an extent. The prices are out of my budget but I know people who would find them quite normal. Of course I am a cheapskate!

When you order the dress it gives you the measurements for the size, you pick the size AND give it you height. This is so that they can make sure it is the right length for what you want. IF this truly works, it would be a novelty for people like me who are short and nothing off the rack is ever the right length. Not even petites are the right length for me. some items let you adjust the neckline, the dresses I looked at allowed you to choose the length from above the knee, knee, below the knee and mid-calf.

Different items have different things you can adjust, so it won't be the same for every dress or neckline. I do think it is a great idea but may be quite hard to keep up with as far as inventory control and profitability and getting orders out if you don't keep some of every option for every size of every item. Given that they range from the smallest sizes up through plus sizes for every item that I saw, that could get difficult. I do like that it isn't a separate plus size area and instead those of us who are plus sized can choose from any item they sell (as far as I saw, anyway). That adds a LOT of variety to plus size clothing shopping!

Talke a look. IF you shopped for these items in this price range, would you like the customzable options? If you shopped in this price range, would you try them?

musiclady

It looks interesting but i don't think I would do this. Too much mucking around if it didn't fit, and posible shiping costs too.

SuZir

I would very much like to find a place there I could customize the length of the pants. I'm tallish and leggy and not that big otherwise. It is very difficult to find pants other than jeans. And even women's jeans are at times difficult to find in size 26-28/36. Unfortunately few online store ship there I live and taxes etc. make it difficult.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
And, SuZir, I am the exact opposite. (When not carrying around an extra Bean) I am short - but petite pants are too short for me. Regular are too long... And they are WAY too long in the crotch area.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Wow! What a cool website!

I'm tall - but I'm all leg.....and pretty much NOTHING comes designed for a woman with a 36" inseam. And all those cute little dresses? Waaaayyyy too short.

I LOVE the opportunity to actually order something that would fit and flatter!

susiestar

Roll With It
Insane, no one will allow me to sew. too many disasters with sewing machines. I can hand sew, but clothes are not my thing. I am spoiled though. Until i was 12 ALL my clothes including school uniforms were made by my mother, who had offers to move to NY and design for major pattern cos, because NOTHING fit me. Ever. i was really tiny - kept getting mistaken for a kdg student in FIFTH GRADE at school!!! So mom sewed amazing things. but now we both have arthritis and I am scary as all get out with a sewing machine.

I am not allowed to crochet either. stuck a crochet needle through my hand. All the way. My dad still turns white when he sees me within six feet of a crochet needle. Boy did I have fun with THAT as a teen. Poor dad.

Susie,

Thank you!! I don't have time to really look at this site now, but I bookmarked it. I can go back and forth between the petite department and misses department. I'm sort of between when it comes to lengths of dresses, pants, etc... Also, I wear a larger bra size and lots of times dresses that fit my chest are too big everywhere else. I'm scary with a needle too, lol... and do not sew! Before having to move, when I needed a dress for a special occasion, a friend from "home" used to do alterations for me. I got spoiled.

by the way, I'm with Step, crochet needles aren't sharp. How did you manage to stick a crochet needle all the way through your hand?? I really don't think many people could do that, it's a rare sort of "talent," one you don't need to repeat, lol...!! SFR