difficult child brought home a permission slip to join ROTC!!!!

TerryJ2

He came home yesterday wearing his new sweats. Big AIRFORCE lettered on the front. Wow. I told him it looked nice and warm. He said, "That's your $35, plus the shirt I'll get." And he showed me the fleece under the sleeve.
I hope the shirt is soft. If it's scratchy we'll have to launder it 100 times and then run the car over it, lol!

LittleDudesMom

Wow, sweats....we don't pay anything for uniforms at difficult child's public school but they are issued (loaned) their dress blues (hat, tie, blue shirt, jacket - suit coat for juniors and seniors - belt, socks, pants) and their BRU's (battle ready uniforms-if they are on the marksman squad or participate in district fitness competitions) along with dress shoes and boots for the BRU -- everything but the shoes, socks, and boots are returned at the end of the year and they get to keep their stripes and bars. My son does not participate in every jrotc (and his is air force as well) event. Nothing is mandatory but ranking up status and stripes do have to do with participation as well as grades and discipline.

Here's hoping the beard comes off....

Sharon

DammitJanet

I remember having to dry clean those darned uniforms every other week! I was waiting at the door every week when Jamie came home to put his uniform up so I didnt have to dry clean it weekly. We didnt get sweats either.

I actually cried when Jamie joined the JROTC because he had always had long hair and upon joining he had to get it all cut off. He got over 8 inches cut off the back! It was down to his shoulder blades.

TerryJ2

Wow, that's a lot of hair!

difficult child still has the beard. He's putting it off as long as he can ... :)

ROTCfirstday002.jpg

Last edited: