difficult child called already

K

Kjs

The plane is boarding and he called to tell me he is sick. And he Loves me. And he thinks he is going to crash.

I told him to look at how many people are at that airport(O'Hare) and see how many people are on the planes. They are all fine. I told him he will be just fine. Think of it as a ride like at six flags. Only this one is longer than the other rides. Didn't work.

Told him to take a pill and enjoy. He had to go. I know I should just go about doing my business, but I am worried. I know he will be ok, just feel bad he feels so bad.

ok, 4 minutes till departure. And 1.5 hours until it lands. He will be ok then. Sure hope he enjoys all the events that are planned and doesn't worry about the return.

I am also so happy for husband. As angry as I am with him for recent things, he has no family. His friends are all he ever had. It has been a long 23 years. Hopefully this will remind him to enjoy life. And easy child - he longed for many years to see the city that husband bragged about. And they are all such huge Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey fans. LOL. easy child wore his Wisconsin Badgers hoodie, his Milwaukee Brewers jacket, and took with his Green Bay Packers shirt. Says he has to represent home.

Although he will wear his Penguins hoodie to the game tonight.

I sure hope this trip helps husband. He really needed someone and it isn't me right now. The surprise party tomorrow is with all his friends. They are coming from all over for this. They were a real close knit group.

ok. Take off time. Thinking of difficult child.

Andy

Stay strong - I do understand how you feel. It hurts when your kids are not enjoying any moment of a vacation. Let us know about the next phone call letting you know they have landed. I will pray for smooth travels.

K

Kjs

difficult child called. Landed. I asked how it went. He said, "very bad" He said it was bumpy and he was scared. But, now he is excited.

Talked to husband, there is a snow storm going on. Weather statements issued. He said difficult child had his moments. Said, "I can't stand this" "I need to get out of here"...lol. But he did get up to pee, so he couldn't of been too bad.

So, their ride had a tough drive in the storm, but snow should taper off. They are excited and I can now think of ME. I am going to sew some new doggie toys. I make them, squeekers and all.

Going to eat out, make yummy dessert and I am going to eat it ALL.

Have a great day.

house of cards

Glad you get to relax and enjoy the peace, I hope husband and difficult child enjoy their time as well. I agree with you that with all the stress we all are under, we all could benefit from a vacation of sorts. And I would definately take a few days alone at home as a vacation.

TerryJ2

Kjs, these are the most promising notes I have read from you in a long time. Way To Go! I am so excited for you!
And you make doggie toys? That's really neat. Are they for gifts or wholesale or what?

Your difficult child will do well. Life is all about ups and downs. This is a great experience for him.

And the birthday party sounds great. You're right, your husband needs this. And so do you. :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Glad your difficult child survived the flight without too much drama. Anxiety like that is such a hard thing and I can appreciate what it's like for him. My dad is very much that way. I think he's flown maybe three times in his 67 years of life.

Hope the guys all have a great time in Pitt. My husband is from that part of the country and his family are all huge Steelers/Penguins/Pirates fans. Although when it comes to basketball, he's Lakers all the way. :)

You are going to have a WONDERFUL time by yourself, I can tell! Enjoy it, and I hope you nurture yourself thoroughly!

B

bran155

kjs, I am so happy for you! I say "you" because you so need and so deserve a break!!! Don't get me wrong I am happy for your family too, they landed safely and they will have a good time. I just want YOU to have some fun too. I hope you enjoy this respite. PLEASE try your hardest to detach and focus on only you!

I pray that this trip will enlighten husband and when he comes home he will start appreciating you! Finger's crossed!!!!

Enjoy. You are in my thoughts. :)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm so jealous. Kidless with a sewing machine for dogs and big deserts???

Hope they are having a good time.

Hope YOU are having a good time.

Andy

O.K., now that the "very bad" part is over I can enjoy life with you. Oh wait, you said ALONE time right? Just hearing how great your time is this weekend is enough for me - maybe I can join you next time (especially for the desert times).

Funny how one person's escape can lighten all our issues if even for a moment.

I am glad you are having a great vacation of your own.