difficult child goofy and sweet

Wiped Out

Staff member
He was a riot yesterday. He wasn't trying to be funny but he was cracking my up. He was also surprisingly sweet at times.

When I went to pick him up yesterday and was talking to the principal difficult child ran up full of smiles and started to give me a hug. Then realized what he was doing in front of the principal and said, "oh wait, I don't want to hug you."

He was doing goofy dances all the way to the car.

We were driving home from school/work yesterday and he was being nice and I told him how much I love him. So then he says, I love you too. Before I have a chance to be thinking how sweet he is he tells me well only kind of but he was telling me that because he didn't want to hurt my feelings.

I told him, no problem, I still loved him no matter what. He replies, "O.k., Mom, I really do love you the whole way":rofl:

Also later when we were playing Wii together he got mad and was acting rudely so I said he had to go to his room for a bit to which he called me a "B". For that he got the chore of emptying the dishwasher. He moaned and groaned but then did it-only complained once. Afterwards he came, gave me a hug and apologized.

By this time I had to wonder who had kidnapped my difficult child and replaced him with a look alike-I mean an I love you, an apology, and a hug all in one day!

Andy

Here's to our goofy sweet pre-teens!

Tonight I asked difficult child to get his backpack from the van. He refused and said he would wait until it got dark and then I would go get it. I told him it could then wait until morning. He came and gave me a long hug. I said, "What are you doing? Trying to get strength to go into the non-darkness to get the backpack?" He replied, "Yes" and went out to bring the trumpet and backpack into the house.

klmno

Oh, yeah- there's nothing like puberty hitting a BiPolar (BP) difficult child full-fledged!! LOL!! Honestly, I think it is pretty typical for boys this age to go through that- mine has been going through it for 2 years, but sometimes there appears to be a little hope that he's getting past it! He loves you- you deserve it- you're his Mom!! He knows that as well as any of us!!

F

flutterbee

What a nice post. :D

easy child would always tell me he loves me, too. Even during teenage years over the phone where all his friends can hear him.

difficult child rarely says it back and if she does it's under her breath. If I say it during the day - as opposed to bedtime or when leaving - she'll reply with, "That was random." :faint: :rofl:

TerryJ2

Aww, Sharon and Andy, that is so sweet. I love the part when he changed his mind and admitted he actually loved you the whole way. :)