difficult child has a crush

everywoman

on a girl he works with. They have hung out a few times and text a lot. His boss has obviously noticed. She (the boss) took him aside today and told him he needs to impress her and send her flowers tomorrow at work and sign them "your text friend." difficult child came home and asked me for my help getting the flowers. He said to get daisies because roses were too "romantic". Luckily my sister is working for a family friend tomorrow in her shop and helping deliver flowers! I called her to get a small thing of flowers together and to add a small bear. This is the first girl difficult child has even mentioned in years. When he was using he didn't really share anything. His years of drug use and issues have left him lacking in social skills, but I see tremendous growth in this.

mstang67chic

Going Green
How sweet! Personally I agree with him. Daisies are a good "first" bouqet choice....not really romantic but still...sweet. Fingers crossed it goes well! And kudos to his boss for helping out!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Very sweet! What a great choice to go with the daisies. I can definitely see where you see the tremendous growth in all of this!

klmno

That's great! I'm glad the boss was supportive instead of jumping on his case about texting at work! I like the idea of daisies, too- great choice!!

susiestar

Roll With It
How great! I am glad the boss is supportive. Daisies sound like the perfect choice, and a bear is just icing on the cake! I hope that things go well for him/them and that she is a NICE girl

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awwww. That is sweet. :) Great about the boss too. Good choice with the daisies, but then I'm parial to daisies. lol

TerryJ2

That's great!
He had a very, very nice boss!
Daisies are a great idea. In addition to being cheerful and not too, too romantic, they are far less expensive on Valentine's Day. My husband and I have a long-standing agreement not to send one another roses on Valentine's Day because the price goes from $15-$100!!!!