difficult child is missing again

Jody

She has either taken off or something has happened. She won't answer her phone neither will the other friends that she was with. The other two girls parents cant reach their kids either. I'm scared. Calling the police to report her missing again. Don't know if she has ran away or what. She was supposed to come home around 5 or 6 and hasn't show up or been able to be reached. I have a bad scary feeling. Please pray for my difficult child.

Jody

I just found out that she left with a bunch of guys with her friend and neither of them have been seen or heard from since. I just don't know what to do, I am having a heart attack here. omg my kid, im scared, I cant quit thinking something awful has happened.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Are you in contact with her friend's family? Are they out looking for the kids? Are the police staying in contact with you? I am so sorry you are so scared, teenagers can make our hair turn grey overnight............keep taking deep breathes trying to keep yourself calm now. You don't know anything at this point, I know it's so hard, but try not to scare yourself. Saying a prayer and sending you big comforting hugs.........Please keep us up to date tonight and keep posting if it makes you feel better, I'll be up for awhile..........I'll be here.........

Jody

ThaNK YOU POLICE ARE HERE. I have looked everywhere. the other mothers have also made reports, we've all been out all night looking and driving and checking facebook and calling everywhere. I made a report and they are searching for the girls. When she does come home she is going right back into fostercare. I cannot handle this anymore and I want her to be put out of town away from these friends. She was in the basement of her friends house smoking weed, and I just cant believe it. I am pretty darn shocked and disgusted, but right now I am worried and just want her to be found safely

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Can you check for activity on her phone? If she has her phone does it have a GPS on it? Do the other girls have phones? UGH. I am so sorry Jody. This sucks. Please try to keep yourself calm, the stress is not good for you.............although I know how hard that is.............geez...........these kids.........sending you HUGS..............and a prayer for her safety...............

Jody

she has the phone turned off, someone told me that she jumped into the pool with it tonight by accident. hat might be true if she was smoking. Ugh, I am just terrified to even go to sleep. im scared they will knock on my door and tell me something bad. we've been calling all three girls, none answer and none are looking at their facebook page. that's not right in this time, they all would check in or post pictures of their friends and none of them have had any activity at all. Im listening to the police scanner and I almost had a heart attack. Someone reported a car swerving without the lights on out by our lake. I pray that they get to that car, before either they hurt someone or hurt themselves. I mean it could be them, I hope not.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh boy, I don't blame you for being so scared, I would be scared too. They're kids, so they are not thinking about your being scared, they are thinking about having fun and doing whatever they are doing without any supervision. I hope they are safe too. They are likely okay Jody, usually it's kids just going on a teen rampage having fun with drugs or alcohol. It'll likely be okay and she'll be found, you just have to get through tonight. Are the police keeping you in the loop? Are you in contact with the other parents now, or are you alone at home?

Jody

everyone seems to have gone to bed and I am home alone. I took my sleeping pill and I am getting a massive headache at times it feels like there is fluid draining in my head. Ugh, this stress is going to kill me. I simply just can't take it. it's thrown me into a major fibro attack. everything is in nots and everything hurts. thank you for talking with me, I really appreciate it. I just want her to be okay, I keep running htrough all the tings that could have happened. Why would she do something so stupid. She wants to fit in so bad with some kids and these are the only ones that will deal with her. it's so sad shes bright and so pretty and can be so sweet. I want my kid back and then at the same time, I am so ****** off I can't stand it,
. I don't know how but I have to go to sleep for a little while and then ill get back up and see if shes checked in via facebook or something. my head is hurting bad and I don't want to go into a full migraine. the things we have to go thru with these difficult children of ours.

DammitJanet

14 year olds are the pits. Does anyone know who these boys are? Is there any type of lovers lane type place near you? Some place teens would go to party without parents finding them. There almost always is and the kids think they invented it but most parents know where it is because they used to go there when they were teens...lol.

Jody

non one has seen the boys before at this girls house, but I believe they are a friend of the other girls, which does make me feel better that they were just not stranger off the street that they met, but I don't know these kids and I looked at the other girls facebook and they look like a real rough crowd. I did this kind of **** but not at 15 years old. being a difficult child myself I know some of the situations that I got myself into and the world is a lot worse than when I was a kid. scary. We went everywhere early tonight, and couldn't find a trace of them.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Well, it's good that the boys are friends of one of the other girls, so they are now just a bunch of dopey kids out goofing off. Yup, the world is a lot worse now, but you've already determined that the kids are all together now, a bunch of them, the boys are not strangers and it's pretty late where you are, so they are likely holed up somewhere for the night. Especially if they were smoking pot, which will tend to make them sleepy and hungry, not dangerous or out there taking risks. They are likely at some kids house, hiding in the basement, or the parents aren't home, or in the garage, it's summer, they could be in a backyard............kids are resourceful. It may be best if you can fall asleep for awhile now, try to rest, I'm here if you want to chat for awhile longer, but it's so late there and you must be so very tired and worn out............try to sleep Jody.........

recoveringenabler

Staff member
going to sleep now Jody. Please let us know what's going on, I'll check in in the morning...........good night............get some sleep.......

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Sending hugs and please keep us updated. Teenagers never think about the worry parents go through....and then add GFGness into it as well.