difficult child on track to graduate

busywend

Just left my LAST CSE meeting!!! WAHOO!!!!

difficult child is on track to graduate and I could not be happier. I am careful not to count my chickens until they are hatched, but.....we are on the right road!!!

svengandhi

Congrats!

I remember my last CSE with my oldest this time last year. I cried because I was so happy he was getting his diploma. He could not have cared less.

What will she be doing after HS? My son tried community college for a semester and is now just "chilling..." He has till he's 19 in the summer to figure it out - back to school or off to work.

My daughter is graduating in June and will be going to a SUNY upstate.

busywend

My difficult child is planning on a community college with a transfer to a SUNY school after 2 years. Keeping my fingers crossed! LOL!

svengandhi

That's great. Does the CC have a guaranteed transfer program? When my son went, we were able to get VESID to cover the costs of his textbooks, have you checked into that?

My daughter wanted to be away from home so she's going. She got a partial scholarship for her volunteer work so we are able to afford it for at least one year.

Busywend,

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! It's great that your difficult child has a plan in place too. difficult child 1 is graduating in June also. I can hardly believe it! Time really does fly... WFEN

svengandhi

That's great - does she have any idea what she wants to study or be? My son thought that if he said he wanted to be a lawyer, he would suddenly morph into one! My daughter wants to be a Special Education teacher and work with autistic kids.