difficult child's Valentine's Day Surprise!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by LittleDudesMom, Feb 14, 2013.

1. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

About two weeks ago difficult child asked if we could stop by our local gourmet candy shop so he could get a little something for his "girlfriend". She's a girl and one of his two best friends, but there's a little more he feels but doesn't act on it anymore after taking her to the movies last year and getting the feeling that "they were just friends". He's kinda resolved to "love from afar" and would rather have her as a friend than nothing at all - cool kid that difficult child of mine.

So this morning as he was putting her candy in his lunchbox to "keep it safe", I told him how nice he looked this morning - it was dress uniform day today for jrotc. He said, "Mom, do we have any plans for tonight?" "No, nothing special", I replied.

He said, "I'm going to call Dad and make a reservation at the restaurant and take you out for dinner tonight and wear my uniform. Is 6:00 ok 'cause I want to be back to watch a program at 8"!!!!!

So, on the one hand, I got a loving invitation from a kid that really has a heart and also got the difficult child glimpse with the 8:00 program comment!

So my Valentine will be dinner with difficult child tonight.

Just wanted to share.....

Sharon
    :gifts:

2. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

That sounds wonderful!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

3. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

How wonderful. And, how sad/funny that I didn't even flinch at the 8:00 show comment. Gotta love difficult children.

4. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

He is too cute! Enjoy your V day date!

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Oh, Sharon that is soooooooo sweet! What a wonderful valentine from difficult child! :)

6. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

That's the sweetest gift any mom could ask for...you are one lucky lady! Enjoy your night!

7. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

What a thoughtful difficult child! Enjoy your dinner. :)

8. buddy

buddy New Member

Wanting to spend time with mom? That's the sweetest Valentine's Day gift ever! Have a lovely day!

9. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

I think it is very sweet. Good for difficult child and I LOL'd at the 8:00 program comment.

10. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

Now that is really awesome! I hope you and difficult child have a wonderful dinner.

11. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I am so impressed...and just a little bit jealous, lol. I've raised some loving and kind boys but none have ever associated our relationship with Valentine's Day. How wonderful that dinner will be for you both! Hugs DDD

12. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Love this! Your guy is a real sweetie!

13. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

What a sweet boy, enjoy the whole evening!

14. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well I am doubly jealous because I know your son AND where he took you!

15. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thanks ladies - he has a gentle and soft heart for his mom. I got a homemade card and a dinner date! easy child and her best friend met up with us there! It was a nice evening and, as we were having a cocktail in the lounge before dinner, a guy dropped down on his knee and proposed! I've only seen that on TV! For those who are FB friends, I'll post a couple pics from last night.

Sharon

16. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh how exciting that must have been!! Glad you had a nice V day! You sure deserve it!