DammitJanet

MWM...something really isnt right and I dont think this is ADD. If she isnt comprehending what she is reading and she isnt taking in what she is hearing from lectures then she is only left with learning through hands on techniques which is why she is able to learn sports...she physically does them. She needs someone who can somehow teach her to learn through items she can handle to make material come alive to her. Im betting dollars to donuts that she learned to count or add and subtract using coins or candy pieces.

My SO Tony is kinda like this. He is adamant that is cant understand or use algebra. I have told him time and time again that he uses it all the time because he is a construction worker! He just doesnt realize he uses it. I can ask him any math problem and he gets it right but if I put an X in it, it throws him...lol. Same exact math problem too. I had to write it out and show him what I was doing and it made sense to him then.

Ask the neuropsychologist about that.

BusynMember

Janet, thank you, yep. She learns best hands on. She has a Special Education tutor this summer. She was Sonic's Special Education teacher and seems to understand the issues. We'll see.

Marg, there is no option for part time school here. And Jumper loves school. She wouldn't only do it part time anyway. She doesn't like to miss anything at school and I think she was only absent one day during her entire school year.