Does anyone do the live streaming from the internet to TV?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, Aug 12, 2011.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am trying to learn about this. Any info would be helpful.

2. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

You just need a video cable out from the computer to the tv. If you google it you'll be able to figure it out toot-sweet.

3. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

There's also Roku and other devices, depending on what sites you're wanting to watch on TV instead. Otherwise it's as Witz said.

4. DammitJanet

I was trying to figure out how to stream football games. I have a Wii I just bought this spring so I could probably use that to stream through right?

5. keista

keista New Member

As long as you have a wireless router setup, yes, you could. Some super new TVs are set up with Wifi already. Son and I were drooling over one a few months ago.

6. DammitJanet

oh yeah..we are wireless here. For what I pay...I better be! I lived with dragging around my phone line from room to room for over a decade...lol.

Speaking of this though...I went looking at one sight that said they had live streaming of redzone last year and I was going to bookmark it...well when I clicked on it to save it, the site was down and it said "this domain has been seized by ICE-Homeland Security Investigations". About freaked me out!

7. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Janet,

Our DVD player is wired, but internet capable. With our TV - it has a USB port - but the older TV, all we did was hook the DVD player up to it, which made it internet capable, and plug the laptop in there.

With the Xbox 360/Wii in the media room... I can send stuff wirelessly through my laptop... Neat.