does anyone have a Kyocera Jax phone?(Assurance Wireless)

ctmom05

I just got a Kyocera Jax phone from Assurance Wireless. It's a very simple phone, but beyond me, technically speaking:)

I have a phone number, it has been activated, and I have minutes in my account. When I power up, the screen says dormant across the top, altho I can use it to make and receive calls. I have a feeling that "dormant" is some optionally applied setting. I just want to know what it means, and if I can clear the word off the screen?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well, I do not, however it took just a bit of googling to help.

I think.....lol..

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/jax-phone/pdf/jax_user_guide_EN.pdf Is the kyoceraweb site. I downloaded the manual and did a bit of light reading.

The only think I can find is a GREETING BANNER- On my (useless phone) my greeting says ....BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD

On your phone currently it may say -DORMANT because you have not giving it a personalization? I don't know ask anyone here - I Have one gene dedicated to technology and it's at the shallow end of my pool.

Anyway -page 19 - said

GO to
GREETING BANNER
EDIT
BACKKEY TOCLEAR
ENTER TEXT UP TO 14 CHARACTERS
OR
HIT # and SPACE FOR BLANK....
SAVE

THAT should help.....

IF NOT?
1-800-349-4478 customer service

and lol

you can be a beta tester
www.betakyocera-wireless.com - THAT should be fun. Maybe you gets a cookie. Maybe they send you two and you share!

Hugs Star

Star*

call 911........call 911
DID IT Work? lol - I was just wondering because I am NO phone geek.....and thought - WELL if it did I may hire my narcissistic self out as a cell phone tech....hahaha.

ctmom05

I was able to make the word "dormant" go off the phone screen. I got there before I needed to try your directions. I couldn't explain how I did it, tho<snicker>

Thank you muchly for going those extra steps to try & help me; you're a pretty kind friend, by golly .. .. ..