Does she have any SENSE??????

susiestar

Roll With It
My dad called because he heard about a grass fire near me. I go out to check. Nope. Not even smoke. thank you went to the top of the street and couldn't even see smoke there.

So I go to inspect the kitchen. Jessie had a detailed list of what to do to clean the kitchen. She thinks she is almost done. She stopped to start working on dinner. NOT on her list.

I see no Jessie. In a minute or two I hear bacon crackling. I go to the stove and she has bacon on the stove. COOKING!! She tells thank you that seh is taking a SHOWER!!!

I turn off the bacon and go ask her WTH??? You are NOT taking a shower while bacon is on the stove cooking! If you had to use the potty you turn teh burner OFF.

Where is her BRAIN???? She is all tied up in "I don't feel good and mom is making me work!"

So she comes out, all upset with ME because I opened the door while she was in the bathroom!

Now I heard her tell thank you she was taking a shower. She came and told me she didn't ever say that. She was just trying to run hot water in the bathroom.

For what? She said she just went in to run the hot water, not to take a shower. WOuldn't say WHY it was important to run hot water in the bathroom when she was cooking bacon.

husband and I told her that she is going to lose all cooking privileges if she ever walks away from bacon on a burner that is turned on!

GRRRR.

I hate the lack of sense. I also hate the LIE.

mstang67chic

Going Green
OMG Mom...what's the big deal? I just left for a second to run the water in the bathroom (you know.....to make sure it still worked). I don't know WHERE thank you came up with the idea that I was going to take a shower. The bacon was fine. Besides....I was HELPING by cooking dinner. I was done cleaning the kitchen. Those dirty dishes over there are thank you's and I"M NOT WASHING HIS DIRTY DISHES. And then YOU barged in on me when I was in the bathroom.....you didn't knock like you tell US to do. I can't have ANY privacy in this house and when I try to do something NICE I get yelled at. This HOOVERS! Nothing is good enough....I don't know WHY I even try. I only get yelled at and no one lets me do ANYTHING. All I do is chores and NEVER get to do anything fun. Sally's mom let's her hang out on Main street at 2 in the morning but can I??? NOOOOOOo cause I have a stupid curfew and you won't let me have ANY FUN!!!! You treat me like a baby! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

stomp stomp stomp stomp

SLAM

Andy

:rofl:

We definetly get both view points here! Thanks 'Stang for being so understanding of the girl. I bet that view point is right on the mark of her thoughts.

susiestar

Roll With It
Well, apparently she is a ditz. Part of stang was on the money.

Part of it was thinking if the kitchen ran out of hot water she could get some from the bathroom.

We only have one hot water tank. DUH!!!!!!!

She felt like an idiot about that one when I looked at her with my jaw on the floor.

Some days I wonder if there really are thoughts up in that head.

KTMom91

I think 'stang has been listening in at my house. And I think that Miss KT and Jess are somehow related. I firmly believe that I can tell Miss KT something, it goes in one ear, bounces around in there without ever having contact with the brain, then gently flows out the other ear. Yep.

Marguerite

Hang on - Susie, if all she was doing in the bathroom was checking to see if there was enough hot water so if the kitchen ran out, she could get it from the bathroom - then WHY was she so upset with you for going into the bathroom without knocking? I mean, it wasn't as if she was TAKING A SHOWER, was it?

Gotcha.

Moral - if you're not smart enough, don't try to tell lies then cover one lie with another - eventually they pile up so high you get buried under the avalanche when they all collapse on top of you.

Marg

BusynMember

Ok, Susie, you asked for it! :tongue: I'm going to tell you a story about when I was younger and did really ditzy things myself just to give you hope because I don't think this could ever happen to me again.

My first child was maybe two and I put on some toast. Now the toaster was broken. You had to stand there and watch it because it wouldn't pop up. Ever. I knew that. I got a phone call and forgot about the toast. The next thing I knew, my baby was pointing toward the kitchen and saying, "Mommy! The toaster is on fire!!!!"

Shore enough flames were shooting out of my toaster.

I grabbed my son and raced him outside, came back in and called 911. With the sirens and the noise the entire neighborhood was outside to view my house--you know the gaping syndrome.

The firemen came out the house laughing, asking me if I had burned the toast that morning. They seemed to think it was a riot.

In spite of cheapskate first husband, who was the reason we stood over the toaster instead of purchasing a new one, I took a big risk and bought a new one that day, with my face flaming worse than the flames from the toaster for probably a month. However, I have a very poor short term memory and always have. It's not my fault (the neurologists have all told me it's just the way I'm made). LUCKY ME!

Next story: The day I locked my keys in my running car!!!! :peaceful:

Susie, if it helps, I am MUCH LESS APT to do a ditzy thing--I've sort of learned to compensate. If you have a poor short term memory, you can get into all sorts of trouble.

DammitJanet

Susie...Billy would have done the same thing. Maybe he still would, not sure, he doesnt cook bacon.

When he was around 11 or so, we asked him to "watch the bacon" because I had just pulled up in the driveway with groceries and Tony had been in the house cooking breakfast or probably brunch to be more exact.

Well...he watched it...he watched it burn! He stood right in front of the stove and watched while it sizzled and fried to a blackened mess. It never occurred to him he was supposed to flip it or turn it off. Or even call for us! He just stood there. That is when we started talking about how you had to "program" him if you wanted to tell him to do something. But no one had ever heard of Aspergers back then.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - I think Jess and I are twins - this is freaky -

We put bacon on a cookie sheet and COVER IT WITH TIN FOIL STAR OMG ARE YOU NEVER WATCHING WHEN I MAKE BACON STAR??? and then put it in the over on 400 until it smokes....I think. THEN I go take my morning shower because my shower and bacon have NOTHING to do with each other as bacon and water pressure have NOTHING to do with each other like doing a load of laundry AND running the sprinkler when DF takes a shower.....(I'm SORRY) it's just when he's out of site - I remember to do things - like water the lawn and laundry (both L words) but then AAAAAAAAAAparently it makes the water ICE cold - and that makes just no sense to me because the man is a frrrrrrreakin Norse man and takes the coldest ice showers to begin with anyway so what is the big deal (insert whah sound for decreased water pressure) I mean - DEAL WITH IT MAN!!! I am making the bacon after all. Sheez.

So yeah -Tell her to learn how to bake bacon - and put it on a timer - 15-18 minutes on 400 middle rack WITH TIN FOIL STAR - because YOU WRECK OUR COOKIE SHEETS WHEN YOU DONT USE REYNOLDS WRAP STAR and NOW I WILL NEVER GET THIS COOKIE SHEET CLEAN STAR - YUP YOU HAVE RUINED IT STAR.

But seriously - not on top the stove - everyone will HEAR it - and SMELL it - and then you can't take a shower - duh. :tongue:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am afraid to tell her to bake the bacon. If she is there watching it then she will be taking care of it.

I have had thank you do things like watching something get totally destroyed with-o stopping whatever happened. Of course the older two have a lovely time every single summer with turning on the hose, bending the end over and handing to thank you. He straightens the hose while looking down into the end resulting in a face full of water.

Sadly, it is not a joke that he does on purpose. He is STILL figuring out why the water isn't coming out. 5 years now. Just did it the other day. Sigh.

And this is the boy who has created fairly workable plans to build a backpack size jet pack so he can fly to school.

He scares me.

Star and MWM, I can see those trains of thought. But they scare me because I just don't understand how you can disconnect that way. husband does it all the time. I however, have the kind of memory Wiz does. I can multitask with no effort. Always could. Not sure why. Drives me NUTZ when husband and Jess do this.